Senior Director-Customer Success-Corporate
Who We Are:
Persado is reinventing digital marketing creative by applying mathematical certainty to the message, the foundational DNA of Marketing. By unlocking the power of words, companies win every digital marketing moment, experiencing dramatic new levels of brand engagement and revenue performance. CMOs from the world’s most valuable brands rely on Persado to generate in a dramatically new way using the power of intelligent automation, AI and advancements in linguistic science to unlock the power of words and emotionally engage consumers, one by one, moment by moment at scale.
The Persado Message Machine uses sophisticated AI, data science, computational linguistics and machine learning to generate the perfect message for every campaign by leveraging the world’s most advanced marketing language knowledgebase of more than one million tagged and scored words and phrases. Marketers gain full visibility with quantifiable results and data-driven insights to identify the trends and emotional language that win every moment in the customer journey while ensuring the marketing message always reinforces brand voice.
What We Are Looking For:
Persado is looking for a Senior Director of Customer Success based in our San Francisco office. This is a key role and is responsible for driving adoption and growth of Persado, by demonstrating value and developing senior-level relationships, within our broad customer base, including many Fortune 500 companies.
What We Want You To Do:
- Own existing and new, enterprise customers and ensure their success in using Persado solutions
- Act as “CEO of the account” by developing detailed account plans with command of all elements (authorizers/influencers across lines of business, client strategy, opportunities, defined customer success), and owning the execution of the plan
- Deliver the target financial performance from the accounts (growth in bookings and revenue)
- Achieve high customer satisfaction (referenceability, advocacy, Net Promoter, etc.)
- Build and maintain key customer relationships, and develops and implements strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Escalate client and service related issues to the VP in San Francisco
- Anticipate, communicate and facilitate new client needs and/or product enhancements that will help both the client and Persado improve
- Very comfortable building and delivering on business cases
What We Want To See:
The ideal candidate will be bright, ambitious, self-driven, hard-working and flexible, and have the following qualifications:
- 8-10+ years of successful account management (existing customers / “expand”) and/or sales (net new / “land”) experience, preferably within the SaaS-based marketing technology landscape and to Fortune 500 companies. Can point to many successful customers managed and grown over an extended period of time.
- Experience in establishing and growing senior level relationships (CMO, CEO, SVP, etc.), being seen as a trusted advisor
- Has deep expertise in Vertical (Retail, Financial Services, e-Commerce, etc.), Functional (Digital Marketing, Email Strategy, etc.) and/or strategic (Management Consulting) areas. An ideal candidate would have a mix of these. You could come from an industry position where you led Digital Marketing, a leadership role in an infrastructure player (e.g., ESP) or from a globally-respected consulting firm.
- Has or can lead a client and/or regional team; experience in “leading from behind” and pitches in to brainstorm solutions for other accounts or regions
- Is data-driven; seeks out solutions & defends decisions with data and is very comfortable with financial business cases, ROI calculations and data analysis
- Very comfortable in managing up at Persado, all the way to CEO, and representing your accounts to senior management in reviews and strategy sessions
- Good at multi-tasking, managing many aspects of customer engagements across several cross-functional groups, including customer teams
- Comfortable in enterprise contract discussions and legal processes; has redlined and led review of many large enterprise agreements
- Exhibits strong Challenger Sale, Consultative Sale or similar approach to growing existing customers’ businesses
- Presents very organized and structured thinking for planning and execution purposes
- Having an MBA or relevant graduate degree in marketing or business is a strong plus
Who You Are:
- Must be enthusiastic, professional and highly proactive
- Thrives on finding intriguing solutions to ambiguous problems
- Collaborative team player with the ability to shift gears quickly and efficiently
- Dependable and reliable with clear thinking and attention to detail
- Truly loves working in a fast-paced, creative environment, whose passion is evident in their work
- Great sense of humor and outlook on life
What We Offer:
By joining Persado, you will be part of a young, creative and dynamic company undergoing rapid growth and transformation into a global market leader.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- All the computer gear you need to improve your productivity
- Work-life flexibility - we value your contributions above all
Back to top