Who We Are:
Persado is the pioneer and leader in Cognitive Content generation. Our artificial intelligence platform generates “smart content”, the precise words, phrases, emoticons, and images brands use to engage customers, inspire action, and build lasting relationships. Using Persado, 200 of the world’s most revolutionary brands across multiple industries have seen a 49.5% average lift in conversions, a 68.4% improvement in click-through rates, and over $1 billion in incremental revenue.
The company is powered by brave and bright humans, comprised of mathematicians, statisticians, computational linguists, social psychologists, engineers, wordsmiths, artists, athletes, foodies, former marketers, and entrepreneurs. Founded 12/12/12, Persado is a Fortune Great Place to Work.
CNBC named Persado to its Disruptor 50 list in 2017, joining the ranks of Airbnb, Spotify, WeWork, and Elon Musk’s SpaceX. We’re a Forrester Breakout Vendor in Content Intelligence and a Gartner Cool Vendor in Data-Driven Marketing. With the latest funding round led by Goldman Sachs, Persado is embarking on its next phase of growth.
What We Are Looking For:
Persado is looking for a Sales Manager who has experience growing teams and developing top performers for our Mid-Market team in the Chicago office. You can demonstrate that you’ve previously built scale-able processes and implemented strategies that have successfully grown a sales team, and that people you’ve coached and developed have gone on to achieve further success. You also have proven experience increasing year-over-year revenue and have developed an uncanny ability to forecast accurately.
You will build and lead a team of Account Executives dedicated to driving Persado’s growth in the retail and travel industries, proactively create new opportunities with consumer brands like Toms Shoes, Lucky Brand, Timbuk2 and Seamless Grubhub - driving adoption of the Persado Go platform.
Coaching and skill development are a key part of this role. Initially, you will be working with 3-4 highly motivated Account Executives, and will be responsible for helping them drive results and achieve a higher level of mastery of their role. You'll also be responsible for scaling and growing your team through working with Persado’s recruiting team and recruiting partners.
What We Want You To Do:
- Lead a team of Sales professionals in day to day activity including sales forecasting and pipeline management in a high growth selling environment
- Collaborate with the mid-market sales and account management team to come up with and execute creative prospecting strategies to penetrate accounts
- Deliver the target financial performance from the accounts and region
- Ensure the sales processes and methodologies used are effective in helping to grow the business
- Enthusiastically represent Persado’s technology and solutions
What We Want To See:
- 1-2 years’ experience managing a sales team
- 3-5 years’ experience in Lead Generation, Sales, Marketing and/or Business Development, ideally selling 12 month platform subscriptions in marketing or related technologies
- Strong phone and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) as well as organizational skills
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing ecosystem
- Experience working with SalesForce.com or other CRM
- Salesmanship and effective communications
- Time management (ability to work alone and develop own daily/weekly agenda)
- Organized and structured thinking for planning and execution purposes
- A self-starter with strict attention to detail
- Drive, self-confidence and resourcefulness
- Vision, positive attitude and ability to think outside of the box
- Analytically minded and able to engage with and utilize others to deliver targets
- Familiarity with email marketing services or Facebook advertising is a major bonus
Who You Are:
- Excited about working in a lean start up environment
- Desire to dive in and learn in a fast-paced organization
- Enthusiastic, professional and highly pro-active
- Thrives on finding efficient solutions to ambiguous problems
- Collaborative team player who can also work with minimal direction
- Self-starter who will take initiative
- Strategic thinker with a constant drive for process improvement
- Process oriented with excellent attention to detail
- Analytical, numerate and scientifically-minded
- Great sense of humor and outlook on life
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation
- Tech-savvy and comfortable in a field that combines elements of multiple disciplines (technology, account management, marketing, etc.)
- Passionate in the way you convey solutions
What We Offer:
By joining Persado, you will be part of a young, creative and dynamic company undergoing rapid growth and transformation into a global market leader.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Meaningful equity compensation
- All the computer gear you need to improve your productivity
- Work-life flexibility - we value your contributions above all
Meet Some of Persado's Employees
NYC Office Manager
Omar ensures smooth operations for Persado employees and guests. He heads office inventory and maintenance initiatives and internal company events—all while marching to his own beat.
Back to top