Director, Business Development
- London, United Kingdom
Who We Are:
Persado is the Marketing Language Cloud: AI-generated language that resonates the most with any audience, segment, or individual. Imagine having a copywriter and data scientist for each person in your audience; the platform generates the precise language that performs along with analytics detailing what drove response, resulting in better business outcomes and unprecedented insight into consumer engagement.
Comprised of the world’s largest marketing language database, with over a million organized, tagged, and scored words, phrases, and images, Persado’s Marketing Language Cloud enables brands to increase acquisition and retention while building long term consumer relationships. To unlock the power of language and emotion for marketing, visit persado.com.
What We Are Looking For:
Persado’s Strategic Group partners with senior level executives in select verticals to transform their marketing strategy and grow their revenue by engaging prospective customers across channels and programs.
Persado is looking for a Director of Business Development based in London, who will focus on the Financial Services and Insurance verticals. As the Director, Business Development, you will be responsible for developing new partnerships from prospecting to deal making, identifying new clients, building new relationships, understanding clients’ goals and meaningful metrics, defining clear client value and financial impact, developing significant partnership scope, leading commercial execution and driving significant results to grow their business.
What We Want You To Do:
You will develop deep consultative partnerships with new clients to help them achieve business goals/objectives and establish Persado as integral strategic partner in getting it done:
- Own accounts within the Financial Services and Insurance verticals and define contact strategy/account plans
- Work with BDRs, Senior Management, Industry contacts, Network to identify key stakeholders
- Identify client needs to develop programs, customized cross-channel solutions and business plans
- Negotiate partnership commercials with business, procurement, legal and ensure timely execution
- Build long-term strategic partnerships focused on driving significant value and return on investment for our clients
- Exceed quarterly/annual targets and build successful transition plans into the customer success organization
What We Want To See:
- Strategic consulting experience is a requirement
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of new business development/digital marketing experience in a consultative sales environment
- Successful account management (existing customers / “expand”) and/or sales (net new / “land”) experience in the technology landscape and to Fortune 500 companies.
- Experience in establishing and growing senior level relationships (CMO, CEO, SVP, etc.), being seen as a trusted advisor
- Has deep expertise in Vertical (Financial Services, Insurance, etc.), Functional (Digital Marketing, Email Strategy, etc.) and/or strategic (Management Consulting) areas. An ideal candidate would have a mix of these. You could come from an industry position where you led Digital Marketing, a leadership role in an infrastructure player (e.g., ESP) and from a globally-respected consulting firm.
- MBA or advanced degree
- Excellent commercial understanding and/or consulting/sales experience
- Expertise in digital marketing leading consumer campaigns in direct/online/paid media channels
- A deep understanding of complex customer industries, their needs, critical metrics and challenges
Who You Are:
- Professional, enthusiastic, and highly dedicated
- Flourishes with finding solutions to problems
- Collaborative teammate with the ability to shift gears quickly and efficiently
- Dependable and reliable with clear thinking and attention to detail
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Meaningful equity compensation
- All the computer gear you need to improve your productivity
- Work-life flexibility - we value your contributions above all
Back to top