We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team creates simple, transparent and inclusive products that build good habits and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 8 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a one of a kind, river-front office. The space inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it! We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one. It sets the standard for relaxed, collaborative work that encourages our team to follow their curiosity and draw their own map to a successful career.
We are proudly backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping with an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
About the Role:
Our greatest strength is our people and we’d love for you to be one of them!
- You will be working with our engineering team to design and deliver new features for our web and mobile apps
- Collaborate with our teams and designers to rapidly improve our user-facing applications
- Analyze data to improve every aspect of our users’ experiences
What You’ll Bring:
- 3-5 years software development experience, delivering commercial products to market
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Significant experience with React and the React ecosystem as well as unidirectional data flow patterns, preferably Redux.
- Strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, mobile optimization, etc).
- An understanding of REST API-Driven Microservices & Micro Frontends
- Passion for what you do and about improving the lives of others
- Experience with optimizing web applications for performance and accessibility
- History of effectively collaborating with creative, technical, and business teams
- A passion for UX/UI design or familiarity with UX/UI principles
- An understanding of MVC web application frameworks, preferably Django
- A firm understanding of data design and both relational database and NoSQL databases
- A belief in Agile methodologies, while still knowing how and when to adapt them to fit a team and projects
- The ability to pick up new technologies quickly, with software engineering fundamentals being valued more than familiarity with specific tools or languages
- A strong focus on writing and deploying clear, scalable, readable, and testable code
- Bonus points for experience with AWS and Docker
Hey, we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!
What We’ll Bring:
- Competitive salary + company equity
- 401k with company match
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Relocation assistance
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Student loan repayment match
- Gym subsidy with City Fitness
- Cell phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Optional remote work days
- Opportunity to gain experience in:
- one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- both e-commerce & fintech
- working cross functionally
This is not a remote opportunity (#LI-Onsite)
Perpay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, political affiliation, age, veteran status, disability status or other non-merit factor. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.