We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team creates simple, transparent and inclusive products that build good habits and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 8 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a one of a kind, river-front office. The space inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it! We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one. It sets the standard for relaxed, collaborative work that encourages our team to follow their curiosity and draw their own map to a successful career.
We are proudly backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping with an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
About the Role:
We’re searching for an experienced and passionate software engineer to join Perpay and contribute to our culture of technical excellence. You will lead large-scale projects from start-to-finish, working across multiple teams (analytics, commerce, product, design, operations) while providing guidance to junior-level engineers. As we’re a growing engineering team, you’ll also have the opportunity to make an impact on our tech and our team. Given our people-first approach, your elevated level of contribution will strengthen our culture of inclusion, mentorship, and continuous learning.
Our greatest strength is our people and we’d love for you to be one of them!
- Lead the implementation of large scale features for our customers and our internal finance, operations, and risk teams
- Develop technical requirements alongside our Product team
- Solve problems that span multiple interconnected systems with distributed architectures and scaling systems
- Make data and metrics-driven decisions
- Execute on the full lifecycle of new features with fellow engineers
- Continue to improve how we build, test, and deliver software
- Collaborate with our stakeholders to design and implement new credit products, as well as new features for our existing platform
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of experience with some form of web framework (Django, Rails, etc.)
- Experience with a modern front-end framework, such as React, Vue, or Angular
- 2+ years of experience leading technical teams
- Experience working on consumer-facing products and demonstrating empathy for end-users
- Significant experience with operating large scale services with AWS,Docker, and/or Kubernetes
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain highly technical subject matter to a nontechnical audience
- Proven history of cross-functional collaboration on mission-critical projects
- A strong curiosity in industry trends
- The ability to design, analyze, and debug distributed systems and services
- A strong focus on writing and deploying clear, readable, testable code
Hey, we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!
What We’ll Bring:
- Competitive salary + company equity
- 401k with company match
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Relocation assistance
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Student loan repayment match
- Gym subsidy with City Fitness
- Cell phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Optional remote work days
- Opportunity to gain experience in:
- one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- both e-commerce & fintech
- working cross functionally
This is not a remote opportunity (#LI-Onsite)
Perpay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, political affiliation, age, veteran status, disability status or other non-merit factor. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.