We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team creates simple, transparent and inclusive products that build good habits and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 8 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a one of a kind, river-front office. The space inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it! We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one. It sets the standard for relaxed, collaborative work that encourages our team to follow their curiosity and draw their own map to a successful career.
We are proudly backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping with an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
About the Role:
We are searching for a full stack Data Scientist with an insatiable level of curiosity and a passion for learning new skills and applying them to real world problems. The role of a Data Scientist at Perpay encompasses modeling and probabilistic analysis, building and maintaining the data science infrastructure, solution deployment, and communication with stakeholders. As a member of the Data Science group, you will be exposed to all aspects of the business, be it risk, marketing or commerce and provide impactful insights for decision making.
Our greatest strength is our people and we’d love for you to be one of them!
- Perform advanced data analytics utilizing mathematics, probability, and statistics
- Develop machine learning models and tooling for various business domains
- Deploy models into continuous training architecture and perform maintenance on data science infrastructure
- Present results and analyses to the company's leadership team
- Provide mentorship to junior members
- Act as a subject matter expert in the industry generally and Perpay specifically, establishing a solid foundation to be better positioned for long-term career success
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years work experience (does not include internships) in either data engineering, science, or machine learning
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Chemistry, Physics)
- Preferred: Master's degree graduation date of 2021 or earlier
- Proficient with Python, preferred o Proficient using SQL for acquiring and transforming data (2+ years required)
- Experience in building and maintaining cloud computing architectures, AWS Preferred
- High level of expertise in machine learning, mathematics, probability and statistics
- Knowledgable in modern Machine Learning deployment patterns
- Experience processing, filtering and presenting large quantities of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate for technical solutions to engineering teams and business audiences
- Natural curiosity and a desire to learn
- Effective project management, problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience implementing machine learning solutions at scale
- Strong knowledge and understanding of financial services
Hey, we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!
What We’ll Bring:
- Competitive salary + company equity
- 401k with company match
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Relocation assistance
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Student loan repayment match
- Gym subsidy with City Fitness
- Cell phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Optional remote work days
- Opportunity to gain experience in:
- one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- both e-commerce & fintech
- working cross functionally
This is not a remote opportunity (#LI-Onsite)
Perpay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, political affiliation, age, veteran status, disability status or other non-merit factor. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.