We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team creates simple, transparent and inclusive products that build good habits and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 8 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a one of a kind, river-front office. The space inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it! We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one. It sets the standard for relaxed, collaborative work that encourages our team to follow their curiosity and draw their own map to a successful career.
We are proudly backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping with an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
About the Role:
Our greatest strength is our people and we’d love for you to be one of them!
- Leading the development of features for our customers and our internal finance, operational, and risk teams
- Planning and implementing specifications
- Executing on new features with other engineers
- Testing and releasing features into production
- Analyzing data
- Working with our stakeholders to design and implement new products, as well as new features for our existing platform
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 4 years experience (or 2 years experience as software engineer plus a MS in Computer Science or related field)
- Experience with Python and/or polyglots with experience with another dynamically typed language
- Experience with RESTful API design and integration
- Exposure to web application frameworks, preferably Django or Flask
- Experience with Docker, AWS, and other DevOps and virtualization technologies preferred
- Ability to be writing server-side code one day, analyzing data another, all while contributing to our client-side code
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly, with software engineering fundamentals being valued more than familiarity with specific tools or languages
- Ability to design, analyze, and debug distributed services
- A strong focus on writing and deploying clear, readable, testable code
Hey, we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!
What We’ll Bring:
- Competitive salary + company equity
- 401k with company match
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Relocation assistance
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Student loan repayment match
- Gym subsidy with City Fitness
- Cell phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Optional remote work days
- Opportunity to gain experience in:
- one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- both e-commerce & fintech
- working cross functionally
This is not a remote opportunity (#LI-Onsite)
Perpay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, political affiliation, age, veteran status, disability status or other non-merit factor. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.