We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team creates simple, transparent and inclusive products that build good habits and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 8 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a one of a kind, river-front office. The space inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it! We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one. It sets the standard for relaxed, collaborative work that encourages our team to follow their curiosity and draw their own map to a successful career.
We are proudly backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping with an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
About the Role:
As an intern at Perpay, your main responsibility is to learn. We understand the value of mentorship and offer students an opportunity to gain real work experience before graduation. In the 10-12 weeks we’ll be together, you will have the opportunity to build data pipelines, design tools and infrastructure needed to analyze large volumes of data and help solve big data warehousing problems. You will have the opportunity to partner with stakeholders to design and implement cutting edge data solutions and synthesize clear takeaways from complex information to drive recommendations to management. In addition to working on projects of real impact, you will have the ability to meet with various business owners to drive personal and professional development and expand your network. All while developing the skills to succeed in a fast-paced tech start-up environment and experiencing and contributing to our unique culture.
Our greatest strength is our people and we’d love for you to be one of them!
What You’ll Bring:
- Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Management, Information Systems, Mathematics or an equivalent technical discipline with an expected graduation date between winter 2024 – summer 2025
- Experience using SQL for acquiring and transforming data
- Experience with database and / or data warehouse operations
- Exposure to third-party APIs
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages (Python preferred)
- Enrolled in a Master’s Degree or advanced technical degree
- Previous work experience in a technical field
- Exposure to open-source data tooling and cloud computing systems
- Understandings of data types and storage paradigms
Hey, we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!
What We’ll Bring For Internship:
- Hourly compensation
- Espresso bar, full kitchen, weekly catered lunches, snacks, beverages, & everyday lunch essentials
- One of a kind office with comfortable work/lounge spaces and pleasant riverfront setting
- Opportunity to gain experience at one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country in both e-commerce & fintech working cross functionally.
What We’ll Bring:
- Competitive salary + company equity
- 401k with company match
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Relocation assistance
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Student loan repayment match
- Gym subsidy with City Fitness
- Cell phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Optional remote work days
- Opportunity to gain experience in:
- one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- both e-commerce & fintech
- working cross functionally
This is not a remote opportunity (#LI-Onsite)
Perpay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, political affiliation, age, veteran status, disability status or other non-merit factor. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.