We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team creates simple, transparent and inclusive products that build good habits and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 8 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a one of a kind, river-front office. The space inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it! We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one. It sets the standard for relaxed, collaborative work that encourages our team to follow their curiosity and draw their own map to a successful career.
We are proudly backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping with an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
About the Role:
We’re searching for talented, passionate Business Operations Specialists to serve as the face of Perpay to our rapidly growing customer base. In this role, you will gain exposure to several professional development tracks including Marketing, Commerce, and Accounting & Finance. As you rotate through multiple core functional areas, we will challenge you to elevate your contribution and shape the future of our platform. A Business Operations Specialist acts as Perpay’s eyes and ears, a liaison between the customer and internal teams.
Our greatest strength is our people and we’d love for you to be one of them!
- Serve as the point of contact across multiple support channels (chat, email, phone) to guide Perpay’s user base in their shopping and credit building journey
- Drive key business outcomes that fuel growth such as sign-ups, approvals, conversion, and retention
- Bridge information between Perpay members and our growing network of dropship vendors, to resolve supply chain issues.
- Identify areas of improvement in both the user experience and internal processes and propose solutions.
- Evaluate customer support data to inform user experience and product development projects.
- As you show skill in handling responsibilities, you will be challenged to think critically about your professional trajectory at Perpay.
- Carry out and oversee e-commerce processes, including customer returns, exchanges, and shipment claims
- Execute daily payment reconciliation and fraud auditing to ensure the secure and successful transfer of payments
- Collaborate with the Risk & Analytics team to manage delinquent borrower accounts and overall portfolio performance
- Support marketing operations such as promotional email campaigns and brand management
- Verify and maintain an internal database of employers and payroll systems
- Build and maintain automated chat support systems based on customer support conversation data
- Facilitate vendor relationships and manage the online storefront catalog
- Measure and communicate user friction points to the Product team and propose UX solutions
- Mentor and onboard new Business Operations team members
- Develop training resources and lead training for new and existing team members
What You’ll Bring:
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BS)
- Completed undergraduate studies no earlier than June, 2020
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A rising star; you are passionate about exploring multiple professional development tracks
- A self-starter; you are enthusiastic and excel at taking initiative
- A communicator; you listen actively and articulate clearly when speaking and writing
- A stickler for details; you are organized, attentive, and focused
- A positive force; you are optimistic and confident
- A chameleon; you are adaptable and continuously grow and develop
- A first principles thinker; you look for the “why” in everything
Hey, we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!
What We’ll Bring:
- Competitive salary + company equity
- 401k with company match
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Relocation assistance
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Student loan repayment match
- Gym subsidy with City Fitness
- Cell phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Optional remote work days
- Opportunity to gain experience in:
- one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- both e-commerce & fintech
- working cross functionally
This is not a remote opportunity (#LI-Onsite)
Perpay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, political affiliation, age, veteran status, disability status or other non-merit factor. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.