Supervisor, Material Handling
- Fort Smith, AR
Company: Pernod Ricard USA
Location: Fort Smith, AR
At Pernod Ricard, we are creators of conviviality. It means working with great people from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about our brands, our industry, and spirit: in the words of our founder, "make a new friend every day". Conviviality is our way of life - creating a positive, safe and inclusive environment that encourages our employees to bring their unique selves to work each day.
Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, collaboration, openness and simplicity. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration and encourages ongoing professional development. We pour joy, passion, and meaning into our products, our people and the world.
To ensure efficient & effective operations of the Material Handling Division processes of pulling, staging, shipping, receiving, inventory, dry supply/glass storage, and general warehousing. This includes Line pulling teams, floor picking teams, receiving teams, shipping teams, glass teams, and inventory teams. To support both internal and external customers needs as to meet corporate objectives. To ensure all financial objectives are achieved by tracking, monthly and annually the key performance indicators within the team's responsibility. To Champion and coordinate projects and initiatives to ensure continuous improvement. To ensure all customer service, HACCP, environmental, safety, ISO, PRPS and facilities up-grades are implemented and enforced. To support Material Handling Team Members with a continuous improvement program for personal and company development.Monitor and maintain departmental supplies, ie pallets, stretch film, slip sheets, etc…
Achieve Financial Targets :
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly performance indicators to ensure operating budget for Material Handling Division tracks favorably, while developing continuous improvement initiatives to meet changing business needs.
- Keep abreast of process changes that could improve efficiencies, safety or quality within Material Handling and how any changes could impact other customers.
- Monitor performance indicators of all pulling/staging programs for efficient and effective production, while working with Logistics and Customer Service groups to ensure customer delivery requirements and quantities are meet on time and in full.
- Supervise pulling, loading, unloading and inventory teams to ensure efficiency levels are on target and budgets are realized. Continue strategic review of efficiencies and work with teams to ensure continuous improvement for constantly changing customer needs. Monitor resources to ensure on budget and on time implementation of all Material Handling projects, including safety, environmental, food safety and quality improvements for both employees and support groups.
- Monitor on budget, on time, and customer service level delivery on all outbound loads at this facility to continue being the best single source of quality, cost effective shipping within the corporation.
Achieve Customer Service Destinations:
- Work with teams to develop and support implementation of continuous improvement programs to reduce pulling errors, meet on time shipments and increase order to fill rate of approx. 6 million cases per year.
- Work with Material Handling teams, Bottling teams, Package and Liquid Quality teams, Maintenance teams and Customer Service Reps to challenge OTIF targets and continuously improve to achieve supplier of choice status.
- Maintain a high customer service level for all internal and external customers.
- Develop tracking for causes of OTIF misses and develop procedure improvements for solutions to OTIF improvements.
Leadership & Empowerment:
- Through the involvement of all pulling,staging unloading and loading personnel, and outside resources as needed, oversee work on continuous process improvement initiatives that will reduce costs and improve employee participation, while improving our supplier of choice status.
- Maintain high expectation levels for performance improvements within our Division and for NTM initiatives to achieve supplier of choice status.
Customer service representatives are contacted to approve short ships or substitute products for loads on as needed. Work with outside vendors on material complaints on a weekly basis. Inhouse staffing firm for temporary employee needs.Schedule and monitor forklift maintenance with externally contracted entity.Supervise forklift drivers, CRT operator, Locator operator, glass crews and Dispatch to coordinate daily work flow. Coordinate additional intradepartmental activities with Material Handling Inventory Supervisor, Inbound/Outbound Service Coordinator, Outbound Traffic Planner and Rework Coordinator. HR for any employee needs or issues not resolved within the department. Bottling Supervisors for coordination of products and materials. Material coordinators for storage of dry goods and glass. Maintenance for resolution of malfunctioning equipment.
Required: Two years supervisory experience in a warehouse environment
Prefered: Bachelor's degree
Experience / Background:
- Experience in motivating employees and managing warehouse processes are required to ensure all inbound and outbound loads are handled in a professional, accurate, and timely manner.
- Background in Warehousing
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Problem Solving
- Team Building
- Data Analysis
- Forklift senior plant trainer
Demonstrate commitment to the PR USA, Fort Smith QSE Management System policy, procedures, and dedication to the achievement of Operational Excellence, business performance, and sustainability through:
- Producing quality products with a focus on customer satisfaction and cost effective operations
- Identifying and reducing product safety risks and practicing good manufacturing practices
- Practicing safety awareness and safe work practices to ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors and visitors: by identifying and reducing safety risks, maintaining a clean work environment, and practicing good health, hygiene, and safety practices
- Protection of the environment through recycling, minimizing waste, and conservation of natural resources
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job posting end date:
Back to top