Sr. Manager, Emerging Channels
- New York, NY
Position Title: Senior Product Manager - Emerging Channels
Location: New York, NY (Headquarters)
Who We Are
Pernod Ricard is the #2 global luxury spirits organization. Our world-class spirits, wines, and champagnes portfolio includes Jameson, Absolut, Perrier-Jouet, and Del Maguey to name a few. Globally headquartered in Paris, with affiliate organizations in 80+ countries, we at Pernod Ricard stand for diversity, entrepreneurialism, innovation, but most of all, conviviality.
We are creators of conviviailitie. Our passion is bringing people together to create moments that matter.
What We Do
Our vision is to build the #1 digital commerce ecosystem within beverage alcohol. Our dual mission is to drive significant revenue growth as well as embed sustainable digital-first capabilities into the broader Pernod Ricard USA (PRUSA) ecosystem.
Across the consumer landscape, no industry is as ripe for disruption as BevAlc in the US - due to prohibition era regulation. BevAlc digital commerce transformation projected to take 5+ years has now occurred in the span of weeks, with no signs of slowing down. To win in this new environment, Pernod Ricard USA has formed a new, dedicated eCommerce & Digital Growth business unit. We are primarily based in NYC, with a hub in SF.
This growing business unit is made up of team members spanning commercial, marketing/media, creative/content, product/experience, data science/analytics, operations, finance, and biz dev/biz ops. We hail from eCommerce, start-up/tech, CPG, agency, finance, and management consulting. We are a team where a start-up's appetite for innovation, risk-taking, and speed meets the stability, infrastructure, and resources of a scale multi-national organization.
What You'll Do
We seek an analytical and entrepreneurial leader with a proven track record of envisioning and building new products and features that make markets. You will be part of a new team whose mission is to unlock "Pernod Ricard as a platform" and drive meaningful business results by building new routes to consumer and customer. You will be a key member of the Emerging Channels Team and will be expected to drive thought leadership to eComm and PRUSA leadership. You will be successful if you are able to fluidly pivot between strategy and execution and are equally energized by building products and building capabilities. Up to ~20% US travel (pending global pandemic outlook)
- Define a set of scalable Emerging Channels through which PRUSA can maximize digital sales growth, in partnership with eComm Leadership
- Ideate, diligence, and prioritize digital solutions within those channels, determining optimal path of entry: Buy, build, or partner
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers and engineers (in house or via strategic partners) through the full development lifecycle (from strategy, road mapping, requirements definitions, value-based prioritization, wire-frame development, through execution and maintenance)
- Post launch, serve as the 'GM' of the product/channel, holding accountability for key metrics as well as business growth goals
- Build, grow, and retain a team of UX/UI designers, engineers, and VC analysts (internal or external)
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to Product team leadership to evolve this capability
- Serve as a highly visible internal evangelist to the marketing, sales, IT, and transformation organization
- Foster a data-first and consumer-centric mindset with the team and broader eComm BU
- Shape the team culture and embed fit for purposes start-up best practices to PRUSA
- Lead 1+ 'org' initiative
What You Bring
Capabilities & Orientations
- A team-first mentality - We will go farthest when we go together
- Natural Intellectual curiosity - Proactive self-learning is a must
- Passionate about design and creative problem solving - Proven experience developing innovative & delightful user experiences
- Analytical and structured thinker - Ritual of using data and metrics to design experiments, test hypotheses, and measure success
- Technical fluency - Ability to understand and discuss technical architectural concepts, tradeoffs and new opportunities with very technical team members/partners. Fluency with analytic tools (SQL) is a must
- Flexitarian - Demonstrated effectiveness and tenacity in working with fast moving partners as well as large less, nimble partners
- Excellent communication - Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with management and team members
- Comfort with ambiguity & ability to nimbly pivot - Choices today may become obsolete tomorrow as the landscape shifts. The ability to not just adapt but thrive in such an environment is critical
- Effective stakeholder management - This new capability will require influence, education, negotiation, and prioritization
- eCommerce business acumen - Fluency across sales/basket, media/performance, operations, and promotions data
- Deep entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset - Initiative-taking and a bit of hustle are a core part of our DNA!
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's Degree - all welcome
- 8+ years experience, with 2+ years of product management experience in agile development environments
- Required: eCommerce / Consumer tech and/or SaaS. Google Analytics, SQL. Fluency with low/no code tools and environments
- Preferred: Product Strategy; Biz Ops
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top