Sr. Manager, eCommerce Data and Product
- New York, NY
Position Title: Sr. Manager, eCommerce Data and Product
Location: New York, NY (Headquarters)
Who We Are
Pernod Ricard is the #2 luxury spirits organization globally. Our world-class spirits, wines, and champagnes portfolio includes Jameson, Absolut, Perrier-Jouet, and Del Maguey to name a few. Globally headquartered in Paris, with affiliate organizations in 80+ countries, we at Pernod Ricard stand for diversity, entrepreneurialism, innovation, but most of all, conviviality. We are creators of conviviailitie. Our passion is bringing people together to create the moments that matter.
What We Do
Our vision is to build the #1 digital commerce ecosystem within beverage alcohol. Our dual mission is to drive significant revenue growth as well as embed sustainable digital-first capabilities into the broader Pernod Ricard USA (PRUSA) ecosystem.
No industry is as ripe for disruption as BevAlc in the US, given prohibition era laws that differentiate us from broader food and beverage or luxury. BevAlc digital commerce transformation projected to take 5+ years has now occurred in the span of weeks, with no signs of slowing down. To win in this new environment, Pernod Ricard USA (PRUSA) has formed a new, dedicated eCommerce & Digital Growth business unit. We are primarily based in NYC, with a hub in SF.
We are a team where a start-up's appetite for innovation, risk-taking, and speed meets the stability, infrastructure, and resources of a scale multi-national organization. This growing team is made up of members spanning commercial, marketing/media, creative/content, product, data science, operations, finance, and biz ops. We hail from eCommerce, start-up/tech, CPG, agency, and management consulting.
What You'll Do
We seek a visionary and analytical leader, with a proven track record of building and scaling full-stack product teams, to establish a new Product & Data capability within PRUSA. Your mission is to build this capability from the ground up and embed within the organization as a permanent capability. You will be a key member of the eCommerce Team and will be expected to drive thought leadership around digital transformation, within the BU, as well as PRUSA. You will be successful if you are able to fluidly pivot between strategy and execution and are equally energized by building products and building capabilities. Up to ~20% US travel (pending global pandemic outlook)
- Partner with eCommerce and PRUSA leadership to translate business objectives into a multi-year product vision and tactical product roadmap, grounded in user insights, and aligned with overall business objectives
- Inform build vs. buy for all digital capabilities across the team, working in close collaboration with business / operational teams
- Build and lead a hybrid in-house & off-shore full-stack team of product managers, designers, and engineers to build, launch, and scale products that solve challenging problems with significant commercial implications across 2+ product verticals. Further information available upon engagement with the recruiting team
- Build a hybrid in-house & out-sourced central data team of business analysts, data architects, data engineers, and BI analysts to build PRUSA's data capability
- Business: Develop, measure & iterate key product metrics to achieve both product and business growth goals
- Build, mentor, and retain a direct in-house team of 3+, with responsibility over a significant off-shore organization
- Partner with PRUSA leadership to shape the vision for on-going evolutions of the Product and Digital capability
- Serve as a highly visible internal evangelist to the marketing, IT, sales, and transformation organization
- Foster a data-first and consumer-centric mindset with the team and broader eComm BU
- Embed rituals around experimentation, testing, and iterative working across the BU
- Lead 1+ team culture initiative(s)
What You Bring
Capabilities & Orientations
- A team-first mentality - We will go farthest when we go together
- Passionate about design and creative problem solving - Proven experience developing innovative & delightful user experiences
- Analytical and structured thinker - Ritual of using data and metrics to design experiments, test hypotheses, and measure success
- Technical fluency - Ability to understand and discuss technical architectural concepts, tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members/partners. Fluency with analytic tools (SQL, Python, R) and various data visualization tools is a huge plus
- eCommerce business acumen - Fluency across sales/basket, media/performance, operations, and promotions data
- Flexitarian - Demonstrated effectiveness and tenacity in working with fast moving partners as well as large less, nimble partners
- Excellent communication - Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with management and team members
- Effective stakeholder management - This new capability will require influence, education, negotiation, and prioritization
- Org building - Track record in building a team, attracting and retaining top talent
- Comfort with ambiguity & ability to nimbly pivot - Choices today may become obsolete tomorrow as the landscape shifts. The ability to not just adapt but thrive in such an environment is critical
- Natural Intellectual curiosity - Proactive self-learning is a must
- Deep entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset - Initiative-taking and a bit of hustle are a core part of our DNA!
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical technical experience
- 10+ years of experience, with 5+ years of product management experience in agile development environments, building teams and launching & improving products across eCommerce, DTC, or B2B SaaS. 3+ years of team leadership
- Required: CPG, SQL, sufficient technical fluency to discuss architecture concepts
Preferred: Media/MarTech, Engin
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top