Sr. Manager, Acquisition and Retention
- New York, NY
Position Title: Senior Manager, Acquisition & Retention Marketing
Location: New York, NY (Headquarters)
Who We Are
Pernod Ricard is the #2 global luxury spirits organization. Our world-class spirits, wines, and champagnes portfolio includes Jameson, Absolut, Perrier-Jouet, and Del Maguey to name a few. Globally headquartered in Paris, with affiliate organizations in 80+ countries, we at Pernod Ricard stand for diversity, entrepreneurialism, innovation, but most of all, conviviality.
We are creators of conviviailitie. Our passion is bringing people together to create moments that matter.
What We Do
Our vision is to build the #1 digital commerce ecosystem within beverage alcohol. Our dual mission is to drive significant revenue growth as well as embed sustainable digital-first capabilities into the broader Pernod Ricard USA (PRUSA) ecosystem.
Across the consumer landscape, no industry is as ripe for disruption as BevAlc in the US - due to prohibition era regulation. BevAlc digital commerce transformation projected to take 5+ years has now occurred in the span of weeks, with no signs of slowing down. To win in this new environment, Pernod Ricard USA has formed a new, dedicated eCommerce & Digital Growth business unit. We are primarily based in NYC, with a hub in SF.
This growing business unit is made up of team members spanning commercial, marketing/media, creative/content, product/experience, data science/analytics, operations, finance, and biz dev/biz ops. We hail from eCommerce, start-up/tech, CPG, agency, finance, and management consulting. We are a team where a start-up's appetite for innovation, risk-taking, and speed meets the stability, infrastructure, and resources of a scale multi-national organization.
What You'll Do
We seek an analytical & innovative leader, with a track record of adtech / martech innovation and retention marketing effectiveness, to join the eComm Growth Marketing Team. Your role is to re-define the traditional media and CRM playbook and drive sustainable growth for the BU. You will be successful if you are equally energized by strategic experimentation and hand-on execution. Up to ~20% US based travel (pending global pandemic outlook)
- Lead the strategy, execution, and optimization of PRUSA's acquisition and retention marketing efforts across multiple channels (e.g., SEM, SEO, display, social commerce, email, SMS) and all eComm growth segments (e.g., E-tail, DTC, B2B)
- Design PRUSA's approach for 'full funnel' media, in partnership with brand leadership, and wire through the organization
- Aggressively innovate our audience, commerce tech, and attribution capabilities via disciplined in-house experiments, to meet and exceed customer growth, ROAS, CPA, and LTV targets
- Effectively diligence, develop business cases, negotiate, and lead strategic relationships with partners and tools across the dynamic ad/mar/commerce tech landscape. Lead team or org wide embedding
- Partner with eComm Creative and Shopper Teams and Commercial Teams to drive customer-specific growth
- Partner with media leads across brands for effective full funnel media planning, influencing plans to maximize digital sales
- Craft executive communications of period thought leadership to the broader organization
- Manage & mentor a team of 2 in-house media experts as well as our media agency (hybrid media team)
- Engage & upskill a dedicated community of marketing collaborators within the broader organization
- Serve as a highly visible internal eCommerce expert and evangelist to the marketing organization and eComm Leadership Team
- Foster a data-first and consumer-centric mindset with the eComm Marketing Team and broader eComm BU
- Shape the team culture and continuously ensure we navigate the right balance of being integrated vs. incubated
- Lead / participate in 1+ 'org' initiative
What You Bring
Capabilities & Orientations
- A team-first mentality - We will go farthest when we go together
- Proven track record of building and embedding ad and mar tech capabilities
- Highly analytical and structured thinker - You are passionate about experimenting and measuring your results
- Deep media and digital marketing expertise across the full funnel - Your team will be a hybrid of in-house vs. agency
- Extreme execution focus - Success will be measured by your ability to drive revenue & share growth for the channel
- Natural intellectual curiosity - Proactive self-learning is a must
- Eagerness to operate within a dynamic & evolving environment - Choices and priorities today may become obsolete tomorrow as the market transforms. The ability to not just adapt but thrive in such an environment is critical
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit - Initiative-taking and a "no task too small" mentality are core parts of our DNA!
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's Degree - all background encouraged. Analytics backgrounds strongly preferred. MBA preferred
- 8 - 10+ years experience
- 2+ years managing & mentoring teams & external agencies
- Required: Google Analytics, SQL, SFMC, SEM, SEO, fluency with various BI tools and platform integrations
- Strongly preferred: Fluency with various low/no code tools (e.g., Zapier)
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top