Position Title: Senior Technical Product Manager
Location: New York, NY (Headquarters)
Note: Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (at least two weeks after last vaccine dose) and present proof of upon hiring unless qualifed for a reasonable accommodation based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief (effective December 8, 2021).
Who We Are
Pernod Ricard is the #2 luxury spirits organization globally. Our world-class spirits, wines, and champagnes portfolio includes Jameson, Absolut, Perrier-Jouet, and Del Maguey to name a few. Globally headquartered in Paris, with affiliate organizations in 80+ countries, we at Pernod Ricard stand for diversity, entrepreneurialism, innovation, but most of all, conviviality. We are creators of conviviality. Our passion is bringing people together to create the moments that matter.
What We Do
Our vision is to build the #1 digital commerce ecosystem within beverage alcohol. Our dual mission is to drive significant revenue growth as well as embed sustainable digital-first capabilities into the broader Pernod Ricard USA (PRUSA) ecosystem.
No industry is as ripe for disruption as BevAlc in the US, given prohibition era laws that differentiate us from broader food and beverage or luxury companies. BevAlc digital commerce transformation, once projected to take 5+ years, has now occurred in the span of weeks, with no signs of slowing down. To win in this new environment, PRUSA has formed a new, dedicated eCommerce & Digital Growth business unit. We are primarily based in NYC, with a hub in SF.
We are a team where a start-up's appetite for innovation, risk-taking, and speed meets the stability, infrastructure, and resources of a scale multi-national organization. This growing team is made up of members spanning commercial, marketing/media, creative/content, product, data science, operations, finance, and biz ops. We hail from eCommerce, start-up/tech, CPG, agency, and management consulting.
Data as a capability is core to PRUSA's digital transformation and our ability to acquire, assimilate, and make data accessible for business users at scale is critical to fulfilling our mission.
What You'll Do
We seek an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Senior Technical Product Manager with a strong technical / business intelligence background who would like to take the next step in their career and get closer to the business. Sitting at the intersection of data and product strategy, you will be responsible for all things data acquisition. You will think critically about how to set up scalable infrastructure and processes for the business, and connect the dots around the data we have, the data we want, and the data that is readily available to us.
You have the experience and ability to implement the eComm Data Team's current plan to ingest new data sources; the technical mindset to help manage the "messy middle" around assumptions and data cleansing; and the strategic vision to build the Data Team roadmap for the future. You will work across the entire PRUSA eCommerce organization, partnering with our Commercial, Marketing, Finance, Operations, and DTC teams to evaluate sources of information; connect with customers and prospects to identify and prioritize data sources to be integrated into our data warehouse and dashboards; and translate it all for our Data Engineering team to ingest and normalize these sources.
You will play a critical role in ensuring eCommerce data is accurate (represents the real world), comprehensive (covers our areas of competitive advantage), timely (enabling faster decision-making), and pushes forward our self-serve capabilities to make strategic business decisions.
- Own and oversee ongoing execution of the Data Team roadmap with long-term analytics goals.
- Mediate and cultivate partnerships with a diverse set of stakeholders, both internally and externally. These include:
- Key eCommerce stakeholders (Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing, Commercial and Direct to Consumer teams) to understand business problems, document and define data requirements and KPIs, and translate them into the Data Team roadmap
- External and internal data partners (customers, third party data sources, marketing platforms, inventory management systems, etc.) to learn, understand and
- Data & Analytics team to discuss and implement new and existing data pipeline requirements as well as advise on the assumptions required to translate and align the information we receive into usable data sets for the organization
- Develop a consistent understanding of process and usage for new and existing data sets with a focus on data definition, data standards, data lineage and data quality
- Help to manage relevant product artifacts (such as training materials, catalog of the core data models (e.g., dimension and fact tables), and other important data assets to support governance
- Promote and enable data to help expand "citizen-analysts" in the company by producing high-quality, self-service tools
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 5 years of product management experience launching data products whether foundational (data models, architecture) or customer-facing (business dashboards / reporting)
- A technical base that mirrors that of a highly versatile analyst:
- An understanding of the technical architecture of cloud-based data pipelines, warehousing and data management systems like Snowflake or Redshift;
- Experience with Business intelligence tools or other data visualization tools such as Power BI, Looker, etc.
- Understanding of data models
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience managing development teams (owned and contracted) and providing detailed requirements for execution
- No fear of getting into the weeds when troubleshooting a data problem or chasing a modeling issue through resolution
- Experience in the BevAlc and/or Consumer packaged goods industries (preferred)
- Strong communication and influencing skills - ability to clearly understand business objectives and translate them into a compelling story tailored to the audience (high level for executives vs technical for developers)
- Experience working with/within a large CPG/BevAlc/Manufacturer; or relevant experience serving such clients in consulting; or experience working in a central analytics/data science role within a large enterprise environment or a product-driven venture-backed tech company a plus
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is anEqual Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date: