Senior Manager, Engagement
- New York, NY
Position Title: Senior Manager, Engagement - Absolut
Position Location: New York City, NY
PRUSA brand marketing is composed by 3 main teams: brand management in charge of long term strategy and innovation, brand engagement leading consumer facing translation of that strategy (incl., social, content, media, ATL, Digital, Experiential), and brand activation managing the relationship with the US regions and key customers.
The role is part of the brand engagement team. It aims at creating the most culturally relevant, talked about brands focusing on social, digital and experiential.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for translating brand programs into campaigns, experiences & conversations with the consumer for one of the most iconic brands of the Pernod Ricard USA (PR USA) portfolio: Absolut Vodka.
In close collaboration with the Brand Management and Activation teams, the Senior Manager will lead the definition, implementation and tracking of best-in-class digital activation and experiential programs driving brand salience, influencer advocacy, consumer engagement and/or conversion (depending on objectives).
This position requires an individual who able to directly manage a team of two, multiple stakeholders, from internal brand and activation partners, cross functional teams, agencies and senior leadership. She/he is a creative, high-energy team player who can think strategically as well as execute to create engaging brand content, shape 360 media plans with digital & social focus. She/he has a drive for analytics, passion for current digital and consumer trends, connections in the industry, and possesses strong business acumen.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Leverage brand insights and social listening to define most culturally relevant engagement tactics to increase relevance and equity
- Develop programs, starting with bold, consumer centric, thumb stopping content and experiences to be amplified through digital and social to generate engagement
- Drive paid media strategy leading our agencies, ensure relevant traditional and digital channels are prioritized and creative / targeting optimized.
- Build complete media plans hitting brand / program goals and ultimately leading to convert / action, which could include in-store or via any digital channel
- Develop best-in-class experiential marketing to ensure premium consumer experience and engagement, content creation, and amplify through digital platforms.
Nature & Scope: This position will work within the Absolut Vodka Brand Team at PRUSA. Work with multiple internal stakeholders, including internal PR USA colleagues, global Pernod Ricard Brand Companies and Digital counterparts outside of the US. In addition, manage relationships with third parties, such as agencies, and other service providers.
This position involves practical, hands-on delivery with a focus on tactical execution. Must be a skilled digital practitioner who can operate as a technical project manager and solve problems creatively - often for "clients" who are not well-versed in experiential and digital opportunities and solutions. Demonstrate a high degree of self-sufficiency and be able to work on individual projects, as well as those that require working with teams. Drawing on extensive practical experience, have a high level of technical knowledge in key digital disciplines, such as content development, creative design and web development - as well as good understanding of other areas, such as Data Management Platforms, APIs, CRM and database marketing.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years' experience working at a digital agency or within a digital / comms marketing team.
- Experience managing social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, as well as search (SEO-SEM), eCommerce.
- Good understanding of CPG space and millennial consumers.
- Master's degree is a plus
- Solid level of experience and technical understanding across digital marketing -including social, web, mobile, search, content, CRM, and data management. Comprehensive understanding of web design and development.
- Experience managing third party digital/social/mobile agencies or content creators.
- Excellent project management skills on large projects.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders -- collaborative, consensus-building approach.
- Experience working on the digital publishing side or content development is a plus.
- Experience with Photoshop, basic HTML/CSS skills, Adobe Creative Suite or other video and photo editing skills for content creation are a plus.
- Understanding of how to take an idea and make it come to life on the right platforms, right formats and distribute to the right targets.
- Understanding of how to leverage data in modern marketing. Strong working knowledge of how content and advertising can be amplified using paid media, as well as a working knowledge of traditional media channels.
Travel: Frequent travel up to 30% of the time.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is a leading premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila; such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at www.pernod-ricard-usa.com
Back to top