Position Title: Senior Finance Analyst
Location: New York, NY (Headquarters)
The position of Senior Finance Analyst, Pernod Ricard USA is a crucial role within the Finance team at Pernod Ricard USA. As part of the Finance Organization, this role helps drive fact based commercial insights to facilitate and influence strategic decisions to accelerate PRUSA value growth ahead of the market.
This role often business partners at the market and brand level to helps identify how best to analyze strategic options and participate in influencing the business in the selection of the right decision as it pertains to Pernod Ricard portfolio growth.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Period end close responsibilities including preparation of accruals and analysis of actual results versus budget/forecast
- Preparation of annual budgets and latest financial estimates with input from the Sales and Brand teams
- Preparation of commercial and strategic review relating to the PRUSA portfolio as well as other ad hoc senior management/stakeholder presentations
- Provide business performance tracking, monitoring, and insights to key stakeholders
Commercial Performance Analytics
- Tracking of internal and external trends (including depletions, Nielsen and NABCA data) and interactions with various departments to explain and/or forecast brand performance and drive decisions
- Analyze and publish syndicated reporting to the team providing key insights into market and customer performance drivers
- Assistance in the preparation of business cases to support brand-related commercial decisions (e.g. price changes, product/range extensions, etc.)
- Build ad-hoc "what-if" type analysis to support leadership decision making and conduct program post-analysis to evaluate ROI
- Support governance of brand pricing strategy and identification and implementation of revenue optimization opportunities
- Conduct price elasticity studies to determine volume and revenue implications of price changes within different channels and customers
Strategic Thought Partner
- Work with finance team to deliver insights
- Facilitate strategic alignment between marketing, brand finance, reporting and other areas of the business
- Play integral role in PR USA change management
- Conduct periodic team training sessions to improve the analytic capabilities and commercial acumen of the sales teams
Ad Hoc analysis and reporting
Nature & Scope:
This position sits withing the Finance organization at PRUSA. This position will interact directly with Pernod Ricard Sales, Marketing, Operations, and various other functions to develop and implement commercial and financial plans to deliver the PRUSA ambition. The position will drive strategic opportunities at across Pernod Ricard portfolio.
Embrace cross-functional ways of working and strive to embed in the organization DNA
Champion Pernod Ricard culture of entrepreneurship and conviviality
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics; MBA a plus
Experience / Background: Minimum 3-5 years in a financial planning & analysis or commercially focused business analytics role with demonstrable career progression. Should have a high level of comfort with planning, budgeting & forecasting, navigating & managing a financial P&L, and delivering insight-driven commercial analysis. Industry experience preferable but not essential
Key Skillset Required:
- Highly analytical, with ability to use the power of facts to bring insight make clear finance recommendations and commercial decisions;
- Ability to confidently interact with non-finance departments, understanding their key requirements and tailoring financial data to satisfy these requirements;
- Ability to work under pressure and capable of managing numerous work streams simultaneously;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels;
- Strong accounting & reporting skills;
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Team player and capability to translate effectiveness across the wider team
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint & Finance Software(s);
- Personable, with ability to interact across the organization delivering a high level of customer service;
- Highly motivated and can work with autonomy
- Accountable and takes responsibility for own outputs; Can prioritize and make clear choices
- Growth mindset, with openness to change
- Good relationship building and communication skills.
General Office: Position is office-based with travel: 10-20% of time (market & distributor visits, national meetings, off-site training, etc.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT ® Vodka, Chivas Regal ® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet ® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson ® Irish Whiskey, Malibu ®, Kahlúa ® Liqueur, Beefeater ® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila such superior wines as Jacob's Creek ® and Brancott Estate ®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët ® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa ® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date: