Senior Finance Analyst
- New York, NY
Position Title: Senior Finance Analyst
Position Location: New York, NY
The position of Senior Finance Analyst Business Planning & Analysis is a crucial role within the finance team at Pernod Ricard USA. As a part of the brand unit finance team the role helps drive fact based commercial insights to facilitate and influence strategic decisions on specific brands.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Brand Performance:
- Tracking of internal and external trends (including depletions, Nielsen, and NABCA data) and interactions with various departments to explain and/or forecast brand performance and drive decisions.
- Assistance in the preparation of business cases to support brand-related commercial decisions (e.g. price changes, product/range extensions, etc)
- Preparation of commercial and strategic reviews relating to the brand as well as other ad hoc senior management/stakeholder presentations
- Optimize Resource allocation:
- Support governance of brand pricing strategy and identification and implementation of revenue optimization opportunities
- Maintain tracking and tools for monitoring spend
- Support in evaluations of marketing program effectiveness (ROI)
- Provide analytics to drive fact based reasoning for advertising spend changes
- Strategic Thought Partner
- Work within finance team to deliver insights
- Facilitate strategic alignment between marketing, field finance and other areas of the business
- Play integral role in PR USA change management
- Ad Hoc analysis and reporting
Nature & Scope:
This position reports to the BP&A Finance Manager. This position will interact directly with Pernod Ricard USA Sales & Marketing, Field Finance, Revenue Management, and Pernod Ricard brand companies in support of commercial plans and reporting & analyzing actual results.
Key Skillset Required:
- Highly analytical, with ability to use the power of facts to bring insight make clear finance recommendations and commercial decisions;
- Ability to confidently interact with non-finance departments, understanding their key requirements and tailoring financial data to satisfy these requirements;
- Ability to understand market dynamics and be able to clearly articulate strategic priorities for the business from both a finance & commercial perspective;
- Ability to work under pressure and capable of managing numerous work streams simultaneously;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels;
- Strong accounting & reporting skills;
- Detail oriented with high level of accuracy;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint… VBA is a plus), internal information system for reporting (Hyperion / Oracle Financial Management + Essbase
Education & Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related area, MBA a plus
Experience / Background:
3-5 years in a financial planning & analysis or commercially focused business analytics role with demonstrable career progression. Should have a high level of comfort with planning, budgeting & forecasting, navigating & managing a financial P&L, and delivering insight-driven commercial analysis.
Industry experience preferable but not essential.
Position is office-based with limited travel.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Back to top