Position Title: Senior Brand Manager, Absolut
Location: New York, NY (Headquarters)
The Senior Brand Manager will be responsible for leading strategic and brand plan development/implementation and innovation launch plan development and monitoring for Absolut. He/she will exhibit a general manager mindset and will be responsible for leading key projects that will aim to achieve two critical goals; a) build brand equity and, b) drive brand performance through long term profitable growth
This exciting role requires a dynamic and experienced Senior Brand Manager who has a strong marketing, analytical and innovation background is consumer centric and can balance thinking strategically with the key execution priorities on the business including but not limited to the following:
- Strategic Planning: Own and deliver the annual strategic planning process. Lead the development of breakthrough consumer centric programs.
- Partnering with the agencies and cross functional team to drive the communication strategy and vision media to shelf, for retail programs, and helping to develop platforms/executions that maximize business results
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Develop, deliver, and iterate plans continuously with a resourceful, obsessive, and fearless mindset with a focus on proving the case for brand expansion.
- Agile: Results-orientation and ability to operate with agility to run with test and learn approach.
- Collaboration & Integration: Lead a cross functional and agency working team, which includes but is not limited to the global brand owners, agencies, field marketing, sales, consumer insights, Marketing Enablement and other business departments fostering and building a strong multi-functional team. Collaboration, alignment, and influence with multiple stakeholders is a key to success.
- Analysis and Reporting: Lead the analysis and reporting of market and competitor trends to identify salient business issues/opportunities, working with divisional sales/marketing teams as necessary.
- Research: Perform analysis/construct research programs and derive implications to ensure marketing programs/expenditures meet KPIs. Consistently seek to improve the existing programming.
- Competitive Analysis and Implications: Assist with the development of the Strategic Brand Review by analyzing category opportunities, identifying key consumer targets, innovation opportunities, and activation strategies.
- Training and People Development: Manage direct reports and train and develop them into strong brand experts and leaders.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Act as day-to-day general manager; develop brand Annual Operating Plan and Consumer Engagement Platofrm; Manage brand P&L, drive A&P spend guidelines
- Support Director and VP coordination with BrandCos on asset creation
- Develop national programs/strategies with flexibility and local adaptation in mind; work with Innovation Hub on supporting brand innovation plans; deliver brand digital strategy/media engagement plans
- Ensure cultural sensitivity and inclusiveness of brand programs, in coordination with Director of Multicultural & Inclusivity
- Always-on tracking of traditional and digital media strategies / trends, demand territories and occasions, and brand perceptions
The role requires a highly motivated self-starter with strong leadership, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to collaborate effectively across functions with passion and enthusiasm. Strong entrepreneurial ability to work around obstacles, results driven, and a bias for action with a pilot/learn/scale approach.
Must be able to both lead and influence teams
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and executive presentation skills
Education: Minimum Bachelor's degree (or equivalent); MBA or advanced degree preferable
Experience / Background: 5-8+ years of business experience, with experience in a senior level role in CPG, media agency or advertiser and working on the customer side. The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing large and culturally iconic brands with large A&P spends. Must have solid experience developing brand strategies grounded in insights and analytics. Must have experience in managing and partnering with a broad set of stakeholders in matrix organization as well as external agency partners. Must have experience managing financials and business performance including budget management. Ideal candidate will have previous experience in e-commerce, innovation and media.
This position may travel up to 25% of the time.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date: