- Fort Smith, AR
Company: Pernod Ricard USA
Location: Fort Smith AR
At Pernod Ricard, we are creators of conviviality. It means working with great people from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about our brands, our industry, and spirit: in the words of our founder, "make a new friend every day". Conviviality is our way of life - creating a positive, safe and inclusive environment that encourages our employees to bring their unique selves to work each day.
Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, collaboration, openness and simplicity. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration and encourages ongoing professional development. We pour joy, passion, and meaning into our products, our people and the world.
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, the Project Engineer is responsible for coordination of Engineering Department activities including capital projects, training, performance tracking, and maintaining engineering records, drawings and files. This position requires good organizational, computer, and communication skills.
- Manages capital projects as assigned by the Engineering Supervisor
- Supervises contractor work, tracks spending vs. budget, and coordinates work with production departments.
- Create timelines, work orders, and purchase orders as needed.
- Assists senior engineers with larger capital projects.
- Creates Request for Quote (RFQ) documentation for quote requests, locates equipment vendors and contractors suitable for the project, manages the vendor selection process, creates and submit AFE to obtain capital funding for projects.
- Ensures records are kept up to date and organized.
- Ensures files are kept electronically in Engineering project file location.
- Assists engineering staff to compile information on projects.
- Creates new drawings using calipers, micrometer, and other tools such as AutoCAD programs. Updates existing drawings based on mark-ups.
- Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (BSME, BSChE, etc.). Five years of experience in a manufacturing environment with 2 years of project management experience is preferred
- Strong skills in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Project planning, coordination with contractors, maintenance, and other departments. Strong organizational and record keeping skills. Knowledge of industrial equipment such as conveyors, pumps, filtration systems, cleaners, fillers, cappers, labelers, packers, material handling systems, etc. Knowledge of safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to work assignments
Technical Functional Skills:
- Strong AutoCAD skills. Familiar with MS Project. Ability to read, interpret, and apply information from files, drawings, catalogs, reports and manuals. Experience with Lean and Six Sigma.
- Demonstrates commitment to the PR USA, Fort Smith QSE Management System policy, procedures, and dedication to the achievement of Operational Excellence, business performance, and sustainability through:
- Producing quality products with a focus on customer satisfaction and cost-effective operations
- Identifies and reduces product safety risks and practicing good manufacturing practices
- Practicing safety awareness and safe work practices to ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors and visitors: by identifying and reducing safety risks, maintaining a clean work environment, and practicing good health, hygiene, and safety practices
- Protection of the environment through recycling, minimizing waste, and conservation of natural resources
- Occasional travel is required. Estimate less than 5 % of time.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Back to top