Procurement & Supply Specialist
- Santa Rosa, CA
Position Dimensions / Roles Reporting to Position / Decision Making Authority:
- Procurement activities for all PRW USA packaging operations: Mumm Napa, Kenwood Vineyards, and applicable Co-packers.
- Purchasing activities and formal agreements for Indirect Spending
- Supplier performance management
Key stakeholders (internal / external):
- PRW USA Packaging Operations Managers and Supervisors
- PRW USA Winemaking Operations Managers and Supervisors
- PRW USA & PR USA Finance teams
- PR USA Procurement and Customer Service teams
- PR USA and PRW USA Marketing and Direct-to-Consumer teams
- PRW USA packaging suppliers, service providers, co-packers, carriers, and warehouses
Decision making authority:
- Issue purchase orders/ blanket orders for dry goods and service providers in line with vendor contract terms and delegation of authority
- Approve material releases, rejections, and vendor credit memos
- Provide customer service oriented procurement support focused on delivering a best in class supply chain using procurement best practices that meet the needs and expectations of the operational activities for PRW USA winery sites (Mumm/Kenwood) and various co-packers.
- Manage and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure timely procurement involvement in business processes, and strategically plan purchasing needs with internal customers.
- Drive the development and implementation of a structured procurement "Way of Working" process framework including material portfolio analysis, market and cost analysis, risk management, supplier selection & evaluation methodology, and supplier development.
- Liaise with PR affiliates to leverage procurement synergies, participate in regional & global tenders, and share best practices
- Support the annual budgeting process by providing proposed standard costs for materials and services based on tenders, commodity market conditions, volumes, MOQ's and PAF adjustments in full and on time.
- Monitor and report on Purchase Price variances against standard costs and look for ways to mitigate negative impacts.
- Supplier Selection & Development - Establish and maintain reliable sources and partners for materials, services, and information through robust vendor selection and monitoring processes
- Promote and effectively manage an optimum supply base to facilitate competitive sourcing, while ensuring material performance, costs, quality, and service optimization.
- Manage the PRW USA supply base through regular supplier evaluation and identifying quality improvement initiatives to ensure total support of operational requirements (i.e. Ensure a consistent supply of raw materials services at established specifications and costs).
- KPIs - Support the internal and external communication of various reporting requirements including local/regional metrics, and PRW Headquarters & PR Holding requirements.
- Establish and manage purchasing policies and procedures covering the relevance, content, documentation, communication, and timeliness of all purchasing activities. Train all applicable staff on established purchasing procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable standards including Pernod Ricard governing principles, ISO compliance, and CSR compliance.
- Foster a result driven Supply Chain through collaborative teamwork and the demonstration of the Pernod Ricard core values.
New Product Development + Value Engineering 20%
- Identify and develop Value Engineering pipeline to support PRW USA annual COGs initiatives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and support all NPD projects to manage packaging changes and new product launches.
Materials-Supply planning 20%
- Directly communicate annual material forecasts to suppliers and provide updates that reflect immediate and long term GDS changes
- Report on achievement of KPIs relating to: Supplier performance, slow moving and obsolete dry goods stock, and PPV.
- Support Packaging Operations with the execution of cycle counts and year end physical inventory activities
- Investigate and correct discrepancies found between physical inventory counts and system accounting records
- Monitor and control inventories maintained at third party locations
- As an intrinsic part of the Supply Chain team, support all reporting requirements, Data maintenance in ERP/MRP system, bill of materials creation and other support tasks.
Health, Safety, Quality and Compliance
The Company is committed to maintaining the highest level of performance in all aspects of quality, safety and environmental management ("QSE"). As an employee, you will meet our QSE obligations by:
- Complying with relevant legislation and the Company's QSE policies, standards and procedures.
- Actively supporting and participating in the Company's corporate social responsibility initiatives and activities.
- Treating all people with respect and in accordance with the Company's equal opportunity and unacceptable behaviour policy.
- Understanding the importance of responsible drinking and acting in line with our responsible drinking obligations.
- Behaving in a manner that does not put the safety and integrity of you, others, the environment or the company at risk.
- Actively participating in QSE training and initiatives.
- Actively participating in rehabilitation processes designed to return you to normal work duties.
- Reporting concerns to your manager in respect to any practices that could impact on people, product or the company's reputation.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Proficiency ERP/MRP software.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong Power point skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- 3+ years of successful experience in Supply Chain and/or manufacturing operations, including: procurement, inventory control, supplier management, materials management, or distribution and logistics
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills; able to self-manage priorities, workflow and meet tight deadlines
- Team player with ability to negotiate with intra/inter organizational cross-functional teams.
- Flexibility to work in multiple locations and in a hot spot capacity.
- Business experience in wine industry
- Knowledge of State & Federal compliance regulation as it relates to label requirements and registration
- Advanced data analytic tools like Access, Power BI, Hubble.
- Technical background
- Experience in commodities.
- Proficiency in E1 JD Edwards.
- Some out of hours work may be required;
- Intra/Interstate & international travel as required;
- Current driver's license.
- Work is performed in a typical field environment with moderate demands for movement and lifting.
Job posting end date:
Back to top