Market Manager, San Diego
- San Diego, CA
Job Title: Market Manager, San Diego
Department: Spirits Sales
Location: San Diego
Pernod Ricard USA is part of the Pernod Ricard Group, the #2 alcohol beverage company in the world with a strong portfolio of brands such as Absolut Vodka, Chivas Regal, Avion Tequila, Jameson Irish Whiskey, and Kahlua, to name a few. At Pernod Ricard USA, we are creators of conviviality: our purpose is to bring people together every day and create the moments that make life worth living. It means working with great people from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about our brands, our industry, and spirit.
A core part of the PRUSA Commercial Sales organization, the California Division is the largest of our 4 key footprint states. The Market Manager, San Diego will be part of a high-performing team, driving sales in our second largest market in CA. This role is responsible for leading sales activity, managing business results, and serving as the lead contact in this market for both on & off premise channels.
Join our winning team today if…
- You stay current with industry trends and communicate and assess competitive activity appropriately and swiftly
- You forge new paths and constantly challenge the status quo with a bold & agile mindset
- You work well with multiple stakeholders across various functions with a high comfort level and ease
- You take challenges head-on and are adept at solving complex problems in dynamic environments
- You are a competitive person who thrives on winning and persistently pursue excellence
- You find opportunities and quickly turn them into actionable insights with creative programming
- You are obsessed with the details and accept nothing less than perfection
- You are comfortable juggling many priorities, in fact, you are bored otherwise
- You thrive in high-energy and high-pressure environments
The Market Manager is responsible for driving PRUSA Net Sales performance and executing brand priorities in the on and off premise for the San Diego market through programming and distributor resource deployment. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all key / brand KPIs are achieved.
- Ensures execution of effective "local-level" plan, including PRUSA strategic imperatives and local KPIs, in line with region priorities at the local / channel level
- Conducts analysis of market level data to assess performance and identify net sales and overall business growth opportunities
- Owns resolution/decision making of execution-related issues in local / channel with minimal support from Region Director
- Manages and drives agenda for distributor team in line with full year and monthly goals
- Builds relationships with small number of key accounts to implement PRUSA retail execution standards, e-commerce objectives (where relevant), and local / national programs
- Ensures execution of brand standards through rigorous communication and oversight of distributor teams, both dedicated and full-book teams, with clear communication and consistency
- Manages day-to-day channel planning and performance tracking
- Builds brands by identifying and overseeing targeted sell-through activities (implementing national programs, limited local promotions)
- Monitors retail pricing to ensure price strategy compliance and recommends further price programming to capitalize local market opportunities
- Owns forecasts for territory / division and monthly commentary on depletion performance
- Manages relationship with San Diego branch regional Vice President at distributor
- Work closely with and oversee distributor sales American Liberty Division Team and Full Book Distributor Teams to manage and allocate local resources against market priorities and plans (with Region Director and Market Activation Manager)
- Identifies, plans, and executes account sell-through activities (with Activation team and distributor partners)
- Develops local initiatives and drives them by utilizing programs, sales tools, and communication.
- Creates specific programs in conjunction with cross functional teams
- Conducts formal business reviews with distributor management monthly
Field Environment: Work is performed in a typical field environment with moderate demands for movement and lifting. Normal visual, hearing and language acuity required for correspondence and computer usage. Frequent travel by land and/or air in diverse weather conditions is required.
Education: Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
Experience / Background:
- Position requires 5+ years of previous sales management experience, preferably in alcohol beverage or consumer goods industry with proven success managing distributor relationships.
- Highly motivated individual with strong work ethic and exceptional drive for results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities/tasks simultaneously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Understanding of general business financials and how these relate to customer programs and decision making
- Ability to analyze and interpret sales data to drive strategy and action plans.
- Both on & off premise experience preferred.
- Experience in the Southern California market a big plus.
- Flexibility required to work in the field regularly, including attendance at promotions/events in the evening.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
* Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Offers will be subject to United States local terms
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top