Market Manager, On-Premise, Orange County
- Reedley, CA
Position Title: Market Manager, On-Premise, Orange County
Location: California, USA
The purpose and accountabilities of this position are to drive PR USA Net Sales performance and execute brand priorities in assigned markets through programming and distributor resource deployment. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all key / brand KPIs are achieved.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Owns Net Sales performance of assigned market(s)
- Ensures execution of effective "local-level" plan, including PRUSA strategic imperatives and local KPIs, in line with region priorities at the local / channel level
- Conducts analysis of market level data to assess performance and identify net sales and overall business growth opportunities
- Owns resolution/decision making of execution-related issues in local / channel with minimal support from Senior Market Manager
- Manages and drives agenda for distributor team in line with full year and monthly goals
- Owns relationships with small number of key accounts to implement PRUSA retail execution standards, e-commerce objectives (where relevant), and local / national programs
- Ensures execution of brand standards through rigorous communication and oversight of distributor teams, both dedicated and full-book teams, with clear communication and consistency
- Manages day-to-day channel planning and performance tracking
- Builds brands by identifying and overseeing targeted sell-through activities (implementing national programs, limited local promotions)
- Monitors retail pricing to ensure price strategy compliance and recommends further price programming to capitalize local market opportunities
- Owns forecasts for territory / division and monthly commentary on depletion performance
- Owns relationship with Orange County leadership at distributor
- Manages and allocates local resources against market priorities and plans (with Senior Market Manager and Field Marketing Manager)
- Identifies, plans, and executes account sell-through activities (with Activation team and distributor partners)
- Develops local initiatives and drives them by utilizing programs, sales tools, and communication.
- Creates specific programs in conjunction with cross functional teams
Nature & Scope
- Regularly communicates with ALD Management and Full Book RVP/District Manager
- Conducts formal business reviews with distributor management monthly
- Directly interacts and communicates with Activation team
- Achieves all key brand KPIs
- Delivers NNS targets for territory and key accounts
- Depletions (# of cases, total increase, target account improvements)
- Key brand KPIs and distribution goals
- Reports solid line to Region Director
- Works closely with Activation and Finance teams.
- Works closely with and oversees distributor sales ALD Team and Full Book SGWS Teams
Education: Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
Experience / Background: Position requires 5-7 years of previous sales management experience in a wine and spirit or consumer goods sales environment with proven success managing distributor relationships. Experience in the CA market a big plus. Flexibility required to work in the field regularly, including attendance at promotions in the evening.
Field Environment: Work is performed in a typical field environment with moderate demands for movement and lifting. Normal visual, hearing and language acuity required for correspondence and computer usage. Frequent travel by land and/or air in diverse weather conditions is required.
Travel: Occasionally, 10% of time.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top