Manager, Internal Audit
- New York, NY
Position Title: Manager, Internal Audit
Location: New York, NY (Headquarters)
The Internal Audit department works proactively with the organization to mitigate risk and provide assurance on the effectiveness of internal controls, while also providing meaningful insights and solutions to improve business processes.
The Internal Audit Manager will report to the Internal Audit Director and serve as a value-added resource in designing and executing assurance responsibilities to help the organization achieve its objectives. The candidate will collaborate with the Internal Audit team to achieve the goals of the annual audit plan. The candidate will build relationships with teams across the organization and develop meaningful recommendations to improve and simplify business processes. The candidate will have a hands-on approach and be involved in all aspects of audit projects, from planning to execution. The candidate will play a key role in ensuring processes are relevant and consistently applied in accordance with corporate and compliance standards.
The Internal Audit Manager shall be bound by the Code of Ethics as defined by the Institute of Internal Auditors as well as the organization's Code of Ethics with respect to maintaining confidentiality, objectivity, integrity and competence in its accumulation and use of all company data and records.
- Identifies and assesses risk and internal controls, evaluates manual and automated processes, identifies process weaknesses, inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Executes testing of controls, assesses results and develops meaningful recommendations for improvement which can be effectively implemented by management given the existing business, control risks and other cost/benefit considerations.
- Continuously looks for opportunities to improve, by simplifying processes and developing better ways of working with different teams across the organization.
- Prepares clear, concise reporting which communicate complicated technical issues in business terms.
- Prepares project scope and objectives and develops procedures by understanding the organization's structure, policies, processes, internal controls and external regulations.
- Partners with management to develop action plans and monitors the issue tracking and resolution process.
- Performs special projects or ad-hoc assignments (e.g., advisory services, investigations, etc.) combining risk and control expertise together with analytical and investigative skills.
- Significantly contributes towards building Internal Audit's knowledge, technical tools and capabilities at the individual and team level.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending professional association workshops, reviewing professional publications and maintaining/obtaining relevant certifications.
Experience / Background:
- Minimum of 6+ years of internal audit/external audit experience with demonstrable career progression. Advisory-related or risk management experience a plus.
- Industry experience preferable.
- IT background desirable.
Education / Certification:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business Analysis, or related field.
- Recognized accounting/information system/auditing certification required: CPA, CISA, CIA and/or CISSP
- Strong business process knowledge combined with an ability to identify opportunities for process improvements;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate at all levels;
- Thorough approach with high level of accuracy;
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
- Demonstrated experience with internal controls framework, development of test and remediation plans, communication tools and compliance reporting;
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships, but also challenge the business, when necessary;
- Must be able to conduct themselves discreetly when handling confidential information;
- Highly motivated and can work with autonomy;
- Accountable and takes responsibility for own outputs;
- Proactive, highly motivated, with a positive mindset and ability to adapt
- Proficiency in MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & Word. Experience with Power BI desirable.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with financial reporting and consolidation processes/systems (e.g., Hyperion, JDE/Oracle).
Work will be performed in a typical office environment, with occasional travel required.
Company Perks & Benefits
- Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
- Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top