Luxury Business Development Manager
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Under the direction of the Sr Business Development Manager, the Luxury Business Development Manager (LBDM) will be deeply involved across all tasks required to bring to life the perimeter Luxury Ambition. To do so the LBDM should develop strong relationships - within distributor key stakeholders and key customers -, generate new business opportunities, improve visibility and drive distribution. The role is responsible of managing/selling to a direct pool of Iconic clients and for interfacing with Commercial Team & Distributors in all trade, marketing & commercial related activity to ensure proper implementation and execution. The candidate should work together with the Sr Business Development Manager / Luxury Trade Marketing Manager / Luxury Activations Managers (LAM) in the execution of industry leading trade strategies, programs and plans, in line with Brand Owner guidelines that support the affiliate's volume and profit goals and implements them with key internal and external stakeholders. It will also oversee training / coaching the team of LAM (In collaboration with Luxury Trade Marketing Manager) in order they execute the portfolio specific plans.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage Iconic Client portfolio with ROI criteria and PVA (presence, visibility, activation) KPIs
- Daily contact with existing and potential customers to positively influence the commercial status of our brand (Sell out handled by distributor / day to day by LAM)
- Monitor depletion trends and provide feedback to Sr Business Development Manager
- Assist Sr Business Development Manager in preparing requests, presentations for company meetings (Local & regional), budget and pre budget process and LE's.
- Identify and develop proposals on opportunities for large volume driving accounts in conjunction with LAM's and Luxury Trade Marketing Manager.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting, i.e., monthly comments, activity summary, competition update, etc.
- Coordinate the monthly delivery of Key properties depletions (Temples & Houses) as well as monitor performance trends and provide feedback to Sr Business Development Manager.
- Supports marketing strategy, brand standards and brand programs.
- Responsible for anticipating & identifying opportunities and/or or issues that potentially could add value or prevent the business from meeting/exceeding or under delivering against commercial objectives.
- Responsible for consolidating reports of LAM regular accounts visits.
- Responsible for monitoring monthly invoices to ensure no overspend.
- Drives accurate financial management of the accounts, LE, re forecasting, invoicing.
- Submits proposals to management relative to business spending needs that will drive incremental volume.
- Leads the communication process across assigned key accounts.
- Provides input and coordinates all account specific initiatives (Through LAM)
- Builds cross functional and inter-channel relationships to facilitate business delivery ensuring adherence to PR CCA guidelines.
- Proactively works with accounts to add value while increasing share of mind.
- Increases overall distribution (In collaboration with LAM & Sr Business Development Manager) of Pernod Ricard brand portfolio within accounts.
- In partnership with LAM and other relevant stakeholders, collects and gather competitive market information and report information to Manager
- All other duties as required
- Internal: PR North LATAM, Brand Owners, IDT/IHP/Le Cercle teams, Commercial teams, Finance, Customer Services etc.
- External: Distributors, Accounts (F&B key stakeholders of the targeted accounts list), Customers and Agencies
Education: BA degree in Business, Marketing
Experience:5+ years of business experience in Commercial / Marketing roles within the Luxury industry. Experience within an Iconic Champagne House it's a plus as well as strong knowledge of the Luxury Hospitality Business. Strong business acumen with analytical and solid influencing skills. Passionate about and experienced in the W&S and luxury industry. In depth knowledge of the On-Trade environment. Thorough and creative problem-solving abilities, strong verbal and written presentation skills. Must be able to manage multiple initiatives with strong execution orientation and proper project management abilities.
Technical skills: Excel knowledge and PowerPoint. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word.
Languages: English with Spanish and French a plus.
Expectation of Travel: 25-30% Travel may be required.
Back to top