OBJECTIVE: The Supervisor is critical to running the Mumm Napa tasting room by creating exceptional experiences for our guests. We are looking for someone who is high energy, thrives in a fast-paced environment, sales goal driven, has a passion for wine education, is a natural leader and willing to coach and mentor team members. Above all, a love for hospitality and working on a team is a must. You will help the Assistant Manager and the Manager run one of the most adored tasting experiences in wine country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hosts premium Mumm Napa clientele for our Oak Terrace and enhanced experiences.
- Responsible for the daily setup and management of Oak Terrace and reserved experience areas in accordance with our service level standards.
- Works with the Assistant Manager to ensure an efficient and seamless flow for consumers during their tasting.
- Coaches tasting room staff to elevate wine knowledge and service standards in order to host VIP clientele.
- Hosts trade guests and supports trade experiences as needed.
- Delivers on exceptional service, ensuring all Mumm Napa standards are met with each guest.
- Trains staff on policies and procedures pertaining to Oak Terrace and enhanced experiences.
- Sets aligned business goals and conducts regular check-ins and performance reviews for direct reports. Keeps managers informed of performance status of each direct report.
- Ensures that staff operates according to Mumm Napa standards for professionalism, hospitality, customer service, sales, and wine club sign-ups.
- Follows and enforces policies and procedures with tasting room staff members.
- Assigned to various opening/closing/floor supervisory duties and helps the team to meet hospitality and sales goals.
- On assigned tasting room supervisory days, responds to customer requests, suggestions, and feedback. Acts as first point of escalation for customer service and employee issues.
- Maintains secure environment at close of day, ensuring final security and alarming of the Visitors Center and Winery.
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash registers and accounting for daily sales.
- Assists with hospitality special events, special wine tastings, and VIP tours/luncheons/dinners.
- Actively participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Stays current on recent wine reviews, industry issues.
- Learns about other wineries and their wines; uses that information to recommend other wineries with great tasting experiences for our guests.
- Dynamic in driving for continuous improvement. Shares with Managers and co-workers, ideas and suggestions from guests, staff and their own observations.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all related duties as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bilingual in any language a plus.
- Knowledge of wine & wine production as would normally be attained through 1-3 years of experience in the wine industry.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college level education preferred, specifically in Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations.
- Excellent verbal & interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs) on a repeated basis.
- Position entails excessive standing and walking, and considerable bending.
- The hospitality/tasting room requires an experienced public contact person able to consistently maintain enthusiasm and project a positive company image.
- Job requires the ability and willingness to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date: