- Santa Rosa, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing guests with an outstanding and unique experience. This includes
- Providing a friendly and sincere greeting
- Educating guests about Kenwood 's history and wines
- Developing ongoing relationships with guests to stimulate repeat visits and future sales.
- Assisting guests with information and reservations at restaurants, hotels, and other wineries as needed
- Hosting a unique and engaging tasting
- Pouring and describing wines and winemaking techniques
- Setting up and conducting general and private tours and tastings for trade, VIPs or club members
- Promoting and selling Kenwood Wine Club, wine products and gift merchandise
- Handling routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash registers, accounting for daily sales, and packing guests wine/merchandise purchases.
- Assisting with hospitality special events, special wine tastings, and VIP luncheons/dinners
- Setting up visitor's centers as needed by Manager (menus, glasses, tasting notes, water, and all proper marketing materials)
- Bar duties of opening wine, cleaning buffing wine glasses, restocking
- Answering phones when necessary and understand where to direct incoming calls
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Stay current on recent wine reviews, industry issues
- Learn about other wineries and their wines; use that information to recommend other wineries with great tasting experiences for our guests.
- Assist Supervisor and Manager, in providing a secure environment at close of day, insuring final security and alarming of the Visitors Center.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all related duties as assigned
- Proven sales results, in the wine industry or other
- Knowledge of wine & wine production as would normally be attained through 1-3 years of experience in the wine industry.
- Ability to read, write and speak English; bilingual any other language a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college level education preferred, specifically in Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations.
- Excellent verbal & interpersonal communication skills required.
- Willingness to operate a fork-lift, prior experience a plus
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs) on a repeated basis.
- Position entails excessive standing and walking, and considerable bending.
- The hospitality/tasting room requires an experienced public contact person able to consistently maintain enthusiasm and project a positive company image.
- Job requires the ability and willingness to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
Back to top