Head of Brand Creative NA (Sr Director)
- New York, NY
The Absolut Company is part of the Pernod Ricard Group and consists of 500 talented employees from all over the world. The Absolut Company is responsible for the global production, Innovation, Strategic Marketing of Absolut Vodka, Malibu and Kahlúa. At The Absolut Company, we offer you a position in our fun, high-performing team that loves what we do. You will be part of a global organization, working with iconic brands in a world-class learning environment.
We are a proud company with a genuine Passion for progression and company values; We are TAC - Together - Audacious - Committed.
Absoluts legacy of diversity, creativity and cultural provocation made it truly iconic. But over the years, it has been reinterpreted to the extent that its status has been challenged. It is clear that the brand and the business needs to create more impact, to be more relevant to the "legal drinking age" generations than ever before. So, the expectations - especially for this position, as it will lead a creative brand into more creative and disruptive space in its Markets - are extremely high.
On the other side, Malibu is a highly youthful and optimistic brand that wants to create a unique vision for the future of this brand. It is at a place where it can break and create new rules. Given that these Markets are key drivers for the Malibu business, it's equally important that we serve this brand with the same creative ambition as its TAC counterpart.
The Head of Creative Content NA is a new position, and it's the first time the NA market will have a specialist function within its organization. Professionalism, maturity, expertise, experience and diplomacy skills to understand and align with the extended organization is an imperative.
In general, the Creative Content function now has much more responsibility, as the position now bridges two critical functions, in order to improve integration - Communications and Digital Content.
Beyond integration specifically, the secondary purpose of this role is to increase the creative height across its key consumer connections, and by doing so, maximize the impact the brand will have in the market. With this desired effect, it will also bring visibility and celebration by winning awards in the creative industry - like it had 30 years ago.
The third objective is to support the Global Brand Creative Content team in Stockholm in the consumer insights and communications planning processes, to ensure that they are considerate of the NA market dynamic when driving Global Brand and Product storytelling. This will allow the NA Market team to focus on amplification of these assets. If there are unique opportunities, agreed to and aligned at the Global level, the NA market team can move forward with origination (concept through execution). Importantly, there will likely be opportunities for the Head of Creative Content- NA to drive Global initiatives - this will be based on workload, interest, competencies, resource.
Finally, while the direct line reporting is to the Global Director, Brand Creative, the Head of Creative Content will need to work in lockstep with the local Marketing Director or VP, to ensure the consumer insight, strategy, concepts and executions, deliver on the specific brand and business objectives.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Engage with and counsel the Global Team in Stockholm on the following for all of Absolut and Malibu's brand and product storytelling:
- Communications Planning,
- Content Strategy
- Work with Global Team in Stockholm to ensure that Creative Concepts and creative Executions are relevant for the markets.
- Work with NA market to ensure that creative concepts and creative executions developed by Global team in Stockholm are properly activated and amplified.
- Work with the Global team in Stockholm to include a Market Scope of Work within the Global agency retainers, to ensure resource and support. Participate in the following discussions:
- Annual Fee negotiation (new scope including Market needs),
- Ongoing project management, including budget tracking,
- End of year performance assessment.
- Work with the Global or Market In-House Studio Manager to define the scope of work:
- From ATL to BTL, ensure visibility on the FY initiatives that will allow us to act nimbly and effectively for the appropriate projects for the Market.
- Drive creative and strategic Leadership within the NA Market Co organization, and support it in the following:
- FY Brand Plan and Strategy,
- FY Budgeting and Resource,
- Visibility on Global Communications Strategies, Concepts, Executions
- Lead amplification of Global assets in the Markets,
- Drive unique Brand and Commercial opportunities, as the exception.
- Ensure internal visibility of the creative content within Pernod Ricard - from myPortal, to leadership support of key initiatives.
- Manage cross functional and (virtual) international teams, consisting of:
- (1) Marketing Manager, Creative Content, Absolut
- (1) Marketing Manager, Creative Content, Malibu
- Oversee the teams project management and budget tracking responsibilities for all other projects not listed above.
Academic (Qualifications) & Professional experience required
- University degree in business/marketing
- Minimum 15 years marketing experience ideally within globally managed business - from major FMCG companies, spirits, car industry, luxury goods or leading global brands such as Apple, Google.
- Digital or Advertising agency experience is mandatory, as an Account leader.
- International experience highly desirable.
- Must be fluent in English, other languages can be beneficial
- Writing Creative Briefs
- Creative Production (Traditional and Digital)
- Digital Media Proficiency
- Comprehension of American youth culture, including an understanding of tribes - from Street to Music, etc. - and the aesthetics popular with these subcultures
- Agency/Partner Management
- Business Intelligence
- Project Management
- Understanding of Events/Experiences
Leadership Attributes & Competencies
- Strategic Mindset
- Tech Savvy
- Customer Focus
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top