General Manager, National Chain Customers
- New York, NY
Job Title: General Manager, Chain Customers
Department: Spirits Sales - Chains
Reports To: Chief Commercial Officer - Spirits Sales
Subordinates: (if applicable): 4 VPs, 1 Director
Are you thirsty to be a part of one of the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar wine & spirits brands? Are you a dynamic leader ready for a new challenge to lead one of our fastest growing businesses? Are you looking for a place where you can bring your passion to work every day and live by our values of openness, simplicity, collaboration and entrepreneurship?
Join Pernod Ricard USA's winning team today if….
- You Grow Diverse Teams: You value differences, build effective teams, and develop talent
- You are Bold & Agile: You are a nimble learner and demonstrate courage
- You are Open & Authentic: You instill trust, drive engagement, and demonstrate self-awareness
- You are Consumer Centric: You are consumer focused and cultivate innovation
- You have a Growth Mindset: You are strategic and resourceful, you drive vision & purpose
- You Deliver through Collaboration: You drive results, collaborate, plan & align
Directly reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the General Manager (GM) will be the face of National Chains for PRUSA. The primary purpose of this role is to lead PR USA's National Chain Customers Division to grow value share above market. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing the most strategic, customer relevant and ambitious programs in the On & Off Premise and Military channels to drive the National Chain strategy of "Customer First." The GM manages an experienced team of 53 people through 3 VPs - Chain Sales, 1 VP - Chain Customer Planning & Analysis, and 1 Director - Chain Customer Marketing to deliver against key objectives while maintaining a strong culture of winning and conviviality among the team. Key objectives are directly linked to developing exceptional shopper insights and a superior category understanding to drive customer engagement to bolster PR USA's position as a "Best in Class" supplier in the US Spirits category.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Maximize PR USA Chains division impact to the business by growing value market share above market (current market $ growth 5-6%):
- Lead planning for national priority programs & calendar leveraging Chains "Customer First" approach and ensuring clear communication to the brand teams & divisions
- Develop a strong culture of accountability with enhanced discipline & analytical capabilities while ensuring high level of collaboration with other divisions & HQ
Develop strong partnerships with our priority National Chain customers
- Work closely with our Distributor partners and build shopper centric programs & solutions to win with customers
Lead Sales Vice Presidents, their teams and their assigned accounts to grow value market share:
- Develop customized off-premise channel strategies, plans and programs with the full portfolio of brands.
- Leverage shopper insights to drive superior programs
- Develop high performing team through training. Create clear development plans for team members and resource training requirements
- Maintain a strong culture of trust and collaboration, while further boosting the growth mindset & entrepreneurial culture.
Drive performance above market and implement Strategic Initiatives as part of a National Chains Strategy:
- Drive share gain with "Power 6" National customers as well as strategic regional customers and National On-premise customers.
- Develop, communicate and implement national and regional strategic programs in line with brand priorities for key customers through direct reports in close coordination with all the respective sales divisions.
Roll out strategic projects through effective cross-functional work streams with the following 4 priorities:
- Conduct shopper insights study & develop a PR USA shopper framework by channel that can be easily adapted to specific customers. Boost shopper capabilities of the Customer Solutions Team
- Improve planning & reporting to fit both Integrated Business Planning (IBP) calendar and Customer calendar
- Develop a more efficient 'Last Three Feet' (L3F) commercialization system with simplified process, planning, selling stories and execution
- Enhance financial coordination & execution of Revenue Growth Management (RGM) with field teams, establish better process for program implementation and ensure stronger promotional effectiveness & follow up.
Implement New Strategic Initiatives as part of a National Chains Strategy
- Lead Multi-Brand portfolio programs development in collaboration with Brand teams (Spirits, Wine & Champagne)
- Lead digital marketing strategy for priority customers (Driving foot traffic and increase basket size)
Effectively communicate progress against initiatives.
- Work with all key division sales contacts to foster a collaborative work environment.
- Develop a close working relationship with Divisional General Managers, key customers, and wholesaler partners.
- Critical functions of this position include building productive, collaborative cross-functional relationships with each division, specifically with regards to strategic planning, promotional effectiveness and program execution.
- Simplify ways of working and communication between the Chains division, other Spirits Sales divisions, Brand Marketing, and Finance teams.
Manage and deliver results within annual plan budgets
- Plan and deliver Top Line Net Sales targets.
- Track spending to ensure all A&P and T&E is within corporate policy.
- Work with Finance to create metrics to evaluate post-program volume/ share gains for Pernod Ricard USA
Education: Requires a BS / BA degree, MBA and additional sales training a plus.
Experience / Background:
- A minimum of 15 years of sales experience and 7+ years of proven success managing a large, multi-functional team that calls on a large number of diverse retailers; ideally, experience managing direct on and off-premise chain account managers or accounts.
- Qualified candidates must have extensive experience of National Chains Account management preferably in the U.S. market including solid customer relationships and understanding of shopper centric marketing.
- A demonstrated record of success in establishing and implementing strategic initiatives and delivering sales goals.
- An entrepreneurial approach to managing their business and experience working in a larger team environment with a large number of stakeholders.
- A track record for effectively managing budgets and maximizing returns on investment.
- Exceptional communication skills to be able to navigate and influence Senior Leadership and key internal and external business partners, across a complex organization.
- Ability to build strategy in line with company and industry trends and tell the 'Story' in order to gain alignment across the organization.
Working Conditions: Preferred work location is performed in a typical field environment or divisional field office. Frequent travel to customer sites is required (approximately 50% of the time).
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Back to top