Financial Systems & Reporting Analyst
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
This role has two key areas of responsibilities: Responsible for the understanding, maintenance & development of enhancements for the various reporting tools (Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Master data, Power BI, Oracle Business Intelligence) used in the organization, data loads, systems mappings and data integrity validation. Responsible for preparing reporting package for month end and planning (1) internally providing relevant report analytics for the FP&A and Business teams & (2) to HQ through HFM tool on a timely and accurate manner for volumes and P&L.
Delivery & maintenance of Business Intelligence solutions:
- Responsible for Business Intelligence mappings from Master data (MDS) to Essbase & Power BI (all systems)
- Responsible for Master data maintenance, data loads (Costs of goods & Planning assumptions) and data validation between systems for actuals and planning information
- Design, develop and implement dashboards and scorecards to the business.
- Provide technical expertise and end-user training to key business users
- Performs administrative and data maintenance functions
- Own critical reporting tools to measure company's performance either through Excel reports using available tools
- Completes reporting packages for Month ends, Year end and Planning cycles on a timely basis
- Addresses new business requirements and adapts reporting to adequately meet future needs
Reporting data to Headquarters:
- Transmits volumes and financial data to PR Group Reporting tool (Hyperion) for the various processes (closing, Budget, Estimate).
- Ensure that all data flows and transactions in local system are correctly allocated and mapped based on PRHQ requirements and that data are in sync
- Understands reporting blocking controls/errors and implement corrective actions
Forecast and budget planning:
- Own the Hyperion Planning application
- Provide IT with requirements for each of the forecast scenario
- Upload volumes based on SKU allocation define with the business support and supply chain
- Validate calculations and upload any other information on top of volumes (Costs, Revenue reduction, A&P, Structure costs & other items down to Net Income)
Process improvement & project implementation:
- Identify and raise opportunities for system improvements based on support experiences and team needs
- Work with IT teams & business stakeholders to implement financial tools projects
- Properly conduct testing on systems changes or implementations
- Train rest of the business teams on systems and develop/update user documentation
- Participate to month-end preparation of Journal Entries
- Run ad-hoc analysis
- Support Sr FP&A team in corporate presentation requiring reporting tools
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in IT or Finance with solid systems knowledge, advanced degree not required but strongly preferred.
- Requires at least 5 years of experience in systems management and IT processes.
- Strong comfort level with financial systems (ex. Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Power BI, JD Edwards, Oracle). Required experience with Essbase. Working knowledge of Power BI.
- Experience with database software/report writers (e.g., Access, SQL, Oracle BI, Power BI, Hubble) required
- Experience with financial modeling or development of Excel/Access tools
- Requires Advanced Level Excel skills (i.e., macros a must, pivot tables, complex formulas, dashboards, etc.)
- Requires solid understanding of relational and multi-dimensional databases
- Ability to automate and streamline processes to create efficiencies
- Ability to understand business requirements and functional specifications to be able to translate them into Business Intelligence Solutions
- Strong problem-solving skill
- Flexible, adaptable and able to switch quickly between tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team and with different stakeholders (Finance team, Business teams, IT, HQ, Regional HQ)
- Process Orientation, Analytical and Critical thinking
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically/ conceptually and take the initiative to lead results
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills
- Experience in consumer goods industry strongly preferred
- Travel Expectation is 5%
Back to top