- Santa Rosa, CA
Position Dimensions / Roles Reporting to Position / Decision Making Authority:
Roles reporting to position:
- No reports
(internal / external):
- PRW USA Senior management team
- PRW USA Finance team
- PRW USA Operations teams
- PRW & PRUSA S&OP team
Decision making authority:
- In consultation with the Finance Director
Overall coordination of the Opex controlling cycle at PRW USA (35%)
- Budgeting & Forecasting of Operational Expenditure
- Timely, accurate and insightful monthly reporting of key variances (Risks & Opportunities)
- Business Partnering with key Operations' stakeholders to identify new opportunities and help mitigate exisiting risks; Recommend and enact corrective actions required to ensure adherence to targets
- Key focus on Wet cost pool (Own vineyards, Winery costs + Grape purchases), with some further support to Bottling spend controlling
- Support the implementation of financial best practice and operational finance KPI's (Opus reporting to Pernod Ricard HQ)
Overall control of Wine Cash Out / Wine Inventory (15%)
- Overall control of Bulk Wine Cost Evolution for the current vintage, including
- Grape costs by varietal and region
- Own vineyard costs
- Winery costs
- Overall Wine Cash-Out control, providing insights to local & HQ team on key drivers of variance vs. LY and Budget
- Ensure wine inventory is valued and accounted for accurately and consistently in accordance with group guidelines and IFRS accounting practice
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau Compliance (10%)
- Timely and accurate submission of form 5120.17 - Report on Wine Premises Operations
- Develop & maintain checklist that documents process for preparation of 5120.17 including retrieving and validating data sources
Support and in some cases drive project reviews to enhance value creation (20%)
- Help identify and / or investigate new efficiency opportunities, drive thorough investigation of financial parameters (P&L Savings, NPV, Payback)
- Support 4YP reviews & Yearly presentations to HQ
Support Digital Finance Transformation (20%)
- Continuous improvement focus on process, reporting and analysis - including use of Robotic Process Automation
- Digital Dashboarding development and enhancement, leveraging PowerBI
Quality, Safety and Environmental Compliance
The company is committed to maintaining the highest level of performance in all aspects of quality, safety and environmental management ("QSE").
As an employee, you will meet our QSE obligations by:
- Complying with relevant legislation and the Company's QSE policies, standards and procedures.
- Actively supporting and participating in the Company's corporate social responsibility initiatives and activities.
- Treating all people with respect and in accordance with the Company's equal opportunity and unacceptable behaviour policy.
- Understanding the importance of responsible drinking and acting in line with our responsible drinking obligations.
- Behaving in a manner that does not put the safety and integrity of you, others, the environment or the company at risk.
- Actively participating in QSE training and initiatives.
- Actively participating in rehabilitation processes designed to return you to normal work duties
- Reporting concerns to your manager in respect to any practices that could impact on people, product or the company's reputation.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
Tertiary qualifications in Commerce/Accounting/Business or related discipline
MBA, Post graduate qualifications
5 or more years' controlling experience, or similar
Understanding of Pernod Ricard Group
Experience within the FMCG sector
Business experience in wine industry
Demonstrated experience in relationship building, communicating, influencing and negotiating with senior level stakeholders.
Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Proficiency in PowerBI
Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills; able to self-manage priorities, workflow and meet tight deadlines
- Incumbent will be expected to be flexible in work location, recognising regional nature of the role
- Incumbent will be expected to work flexible hours including outside normal working hours on occasions.
- Incumbent may be expected to travel intrastate/interstate for short periods.
- Prepared to undertake any additional training to complement the requirements of the position
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top