- Fort Smith, AR
Company Name: Pernod Ricard
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means creating great company every day. It means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and collaborating with passionate people on successful premium brands in an entrepreneurial way.
Our people are at the core of our success. Everyone adds a vital ingredient to our mix, bringing a personal touch and individual qualities that make Pernod Ricard even better. We work together with a shared commitment to our values:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit;
- Mutual trust;
- A strong sense of ethics; and
- A relentless commitment to growth.
Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration and encourages ongoing professional development and growth. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues. We never settle for "good enough" but stretch ourselves and our teams towards improvement and progress in all we do.
Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
The primary functions for this role are to design, develop and maintain the software used to implement our factory support computer systems as well as to perform the duties of the FCS Operator when needed, e.g. between shifts, vacations, training, etc.
Factory Information Systems Software Design and Development:
- Design and develop more efficient, effective and supportable systems
- Support requests for changes to existing systems
- Provide ad hoc bug fixes
- Provide documentation for support staff, users
- Special Projects
Direct Support of Plant Production & Shipping Operations:
- Operate systems as needed when the FCS Operator is not available
- Provide second level support for problems requiring more in depth technical knowledge, e.g., database, email and web service issues
- Ensure that Pernod Ricard and external regulatory policies and programs are followed and supported
Required: BS in Computer Science
Preferred: MS in Computer Science
A demonstrable ability to design systems and develop the software implementations thereof backed by years of experience in doing so on multiple computer platforms with multiple software development tools and DBMS's, would be considered.
Technical Functional Skills:
- An excellent working knowledge of the software development tools we employ is absolutely essential.
- It is very important that the incumbent keep up to date on the evolution of computer systems and business needs as systems must support these business needs.
- The incumbent needs the analytical skills to develop and document effective, viable new system designs.
- The incumbent needs communication skills to understand what user base needs from their perspective, and to sell them on the compromises, enhancements, variations as may be required for an effective real world implementation.
- The incumbent needs to be able to communicate a working knowledge of system operations and recovery requirements, to system operations and tech support staff.
- A comprehensive knowledge of business and product quality targets and rules is essential to delivering systems that embody and support these facets of business.
Demonstrate commitment to the PR USA, Fort Smith QSE Management System policy, procedures, and dedication to the achievement of Operational Excellence, business performance, and sustainability through:
- Producing quality products with a focus on customer satisfaction and cost-effective operations
- Identifying and reducing product safety risks and practicing good manufacturing practices.
- Practicing safety awareness and safe work practices to ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors and visitors: by identifying and reducing safety risks, maintaining a clean work environment, and practicing good health, hygiene, and safety practices.
- Protection of the environment through recycling, minimizing waste, and conservation of natural resources.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top