Director of Operations
- Fort Smith, AR
Company Name: Pernod Ricard USA
Location: Fort Smith, AR
At Pernod Ricard, we are creators of conviviality. It means working with great people from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about our brands, our industry, and spirit: in the words of our founder, "make a new friend every day". Conviviality is our way of life - creating a positive, safe and inclusive environment that encourages our employees to bring their unique selves to work each day.
Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, collaboration, openness and simplicity. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration and encourages ongoing professional development. We pour joy, passion, and meaning into our products, our people and the world.
To establish strategic direction and action plans for Bottling, Material Handling, Engineering/Maintenance and Factory system to support the site and region strategy. Ensures compliance and excellence in Customer Service, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Product, Safety, Environmental and Employee Health & Safety. This senior leadership position will be responsible for challenging existing norms, leading change initiatives and delivering projects on time and within budget. Focuses on developing organizational and people capabilities in order to maximize business objectives and results, ensure sustainable succession planning and employee engagement. Member of the site Leadership team focused on continuous improvement, cross functional communication and cooperation between functions to maximize site opportunity and profitability.
- Provide direction and leadership for salaried, hourly and temporary employees
- Provide leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff as well as hourly operators.
- Builds high performance work groups focused on customer service and delivering results. Inspires and motivates employees to achieve performance levels and potential through highly developed coaching skills, communication skills and by ensuring proper development training.
- Develop department culture that fosters teamwork, fast pace, training, effective communication, accountability and high individual performance culture.
- Utilize training matrix to ensure all employees are trained on company policies, safety programs, regulatory standards and ISO work instructions as defined by company standards
- Mentor salaried leadership, through creation of development plans tailored to individual employees, towards continuous improvement
- Implement world class manufacturing techniques in pursuit of continuous improvement
- Drive production performance to achieve targeted improvements and high level KPI targets.
- Leads the effort to achieve stretch business results by being a champion of Continuous Improvement utilizing Lean Manufacturing tools, specifically pertaining to changeover, first hour efficiency, OEE and cost per case.
- Utilize current and emerging technology to drive automation and production efficiency. Lead technical decisions regarding equipment purchases, quality capabilities, efficiency capability studies
- Establish production quality standards, ensure detailed work instructions, quality checks and resources are available to meet standards
- Work closely with logistics and planning to improve efficiencies and ensure inventory targets are met without compromising customer service levels
- Ensure compliance with all OHSA standards. Ensure all aspects of ISO18001, 9001, 2200 and 14001 are delivered on time.
- Drive improvement in the facility's Operations Excellence progress as defined by Group.
- Solicit and implement cost reduction and waste elimination initiatives from hourly and supervisory workforce
- Develop and manage annual operating, overhead budgets, capital projects and execute action plans that drive efficiencies. Manage resources to ensure objectives are delivered. Closely monitor performance and implement corrective actions as needed to achieve objectives and financial targets.
- Develop short and long term capital budgets supported by financial analysis identifying project deliverables, ROI and payback analysis. Lead teams to implement approved projects and deliver promised results.
- Enhance and encourage employee involvement in daily production processes by listening, educating and quantifying their ideas for improvement.
- Support new product initiatives as developed. Ensure all required resources are addressed and obtained to ensure successful product launches.
- Ensure production employees are equipped with appropriate equipment training, quality standards and customer guidelines as required.
- Achieve key legislative and technical standards
- TTB/US Customs Compliance
- AAP/EEO Compliance
- HAZMAT/DOT Compliance
- HACCO-GMP Certification
- Quality Standards Implementation
- COSRI Achievement
- PMPs - KPIs
- Promote the Pernod Ricard Safety Culture initiative and ensure that safety concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensure all employee follow PPE requirements and abide by all safety guidelines outlined in procedures and work instructions.
- Responsible for reporting\ all accidents, incidents, and near-misses immediately. These would include all non-disabling and disabling injuries and occupational illnesses, fatalities, fires, and explosions, property damage, chemical spills, and any incident having the potential for property damage or personal injury.
- Ensures that investigation and corrective action occurs in an efficient and timely manner.
- Achieve the corporate objective of no lost time accidents.
Bottling Manager - Daily activities; Operations Planning Director - Ensure customer demands are satisfied; Engineering Manager - Daily activities; manage assets to achieve performance objectives; Quality Assurance Manager/supervisor - Ensure quality standards are met or exceeded. Human Resource Manager - Ensure staffing requirements are met and employee relations issues are satisfactorily addressed.
Education: BSBA or Industrial Engineer or related field, or equivalent experience, required. MBA a plus
Experience / Background: A minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience in various leadership roles and responsibilities are required for this position.
Technical Functional Skills: Strong people skills including written / verbal communication. Strong project management skills. Strong analytical / problem solving skills. Strong financial skills. Total production management including balancing quality and quantity. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Long-range goal setting abilities. Adequately versed in most common office and production and inventory control software programs, i.e. MicroSoft Office, JD Edwards
Demonstrate commitment to the PR USA, Fort Smith QSE Management System policy, procedures, and dedication to the achievement of Operational Excellence, business performance, and sustainability through:
1. Producing quality products with a focus on customer satisfaction and cost-effective operations
2. Identifying and reducing product safety risks and practicing good manufacturing practices
3. Practicing safety awareness and safe work practices to ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors and visitors: by identifying and reducing safety risks, maintaining a clean work environment, and practicing good health, hygiene, and safety practices
4. Protection of the environment through recycling, minimizing waste, and conservation of natural resources
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Back to top