Director, eCommerce Data Science and Product Lead
- New York, NY
Position Title: Director, eCommerce Data Science and Product Lead
Location: New York, NY (Headquarters)
Who We Are
Pernod Ricard is the #2 global luxury spirits organization. Our world-class spirits, wines, and champagnes portfolio includes Jameson, Absolut, Perrier-Jouet, and Del Maguey to name a few. Globally headquartered in Paris, with affiliate organizations in 80+ countries, we at Pernod Ricard stand for diversity, entrepreneurialism, innovation, but most of all, conviviality.
We are creators of conviviailitie. Our passion is bringing people together to create the moments that matter.
What We Do
Consumer behavior has been fundamentally disrupted. Digital commerce transformation projected to take 5+ years has occurred in the span of <90>
Our vision is to build the #1 digital commerce ecosystem within beverage alcohol. Our dual mission is to drive significant revenue growth as well as embed sustainable digital-first capabilities into the broader Pernod Ricard USA (PRUSA) ecosystem.
This growing business unit is made up of team members spanning commercial, marketing/media, creative/content, product/experience, data science/analytics, operations, finance, and biz dev/biz ops. We hail from eCommerce, start-up/tech, CPG, agency, finance, and management consulting. We are a team where a start-up's appetite for innovation, risk-taking, and speed meets the stability, infrastructure, and resources of a scale multi-national organization.
What You'll Do
We seek a visionary and energetic leader with a proven track record of building and leading product organizations to build a Product and Data capability within PRUSA. Your mission is to unlock "PRUSA as a capability" - to build this new team from the ground up and educate the organization along the way. You will be a key member of the eCommerce Leadership Team and will be expected to drive thought leadership to PRUSA leadership and the Global enterprise. You will be successful if you are able to fluidly pivot between strategy and execution and are equally energized by building products and building capabilities. Up to ~20% US travel (pending global pandemic outlook)
- Build and lead a hybrid in-house and agency team focused on product (product management, UX/UI) and data (data engineering, data science)
- Partner with relevant organizational leadership to translate business objectives into a multi-year product vision and roadmap, grounded in user research and aligned with cross-functional partners
- Lead the full development lifecycle (from ideation through optimization/maintenance) for new and existing products spanning DTC, B2B, Emerging Channels, and Analytics, working in collaboration with business and engineering teams
- Develop, analyze & iterate key product metrics that drive business goals
- Recruit, mentor & manage a direct team of 3, with responsibility over a larger organization
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the VP of eCommerce & Digital Growth for future organization evolutions
- Serve as a highly visible internal evangelist to the marketing, IT, and transformation organization
- Shape the team culture and continuously navigate the right balance of being integrated vs. incubated
- Lead 1+ 'org' initiative
What You Bring
Capabilities & Orientations
- A team-first mentality - We will go farthest when we go together
- Passionate about design and creative problem solving - Proven experience developing innovative & delightful user experiences
- Technical fluency - Comfort working with very technical engineering/IT teams and agencies. Coding experience (Python), fluency with analytic tools (SQL, R) and data visualization tools (PowerBI is PRUSA's standard) is a huge plus
- eCommerce business acumen - Fluency across sales/basket, media/performance, operations, and promotions data
- Excellent communication - Equally effective with technical and non-technical executive audiences
- Effective stakeholder management - This new capability will require education, evangelization, negotiation, and prioritization
- Org building - Track record in building a team, attracting and retaining top talent
- Comfort with ambiguity & ability to nimbly pivot - Choices today may become obsolete tomorrow as the landscape shifts. The ability to not just adapt but thrive in such an environment is critical
- Natural Intellectual curiosity - Proactive self-learning is a must
- Deep entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset - Initiative-taking and a bit of hustle are a core part of our DNA!
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's Degree - all backgrounds. Masters/MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience
- 5+ years of product development and/or analytics experience in a start-up or tech organization
- Required: eCommerce / B2C Product; Analytics
- Preferred: CPG. Strategic Planning, Business Development
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top