Creative Content Director US
- New York, NY
The Absolut Company is part of the Pernod Ricard Group and consists of 500 talented employees from all over the world. The Absolut Company is responsible for the global production, Innovation, Strategic Marketing of Absolut Vodka, Malibu and Kahlúa. At The Absolut Company, we offer you a position in our fun, high-performing team that loves what we do. You will be part of a global organization, working with iconic brands in a world-class learning environment.
We are a proud company with a genuine Passion for progression and company values; We are TAC - Together - Audacious - Committed.
Absoluts legacy of diversity, creativity and cultural provocation has made it truly iconic. Over the years, it has been reinterpreted to the extent that its status has been challenged. It is clear that the brand and the business needs to create more impact, to be more relevant to the "legal drinking age" generations than ever before. So, the expectations - especially for this position, as it will lead a creative brand into more creative and disruptive space - are extremely high.
The Creative Content Director for NA is a new position, and it's the first time Pernod Ricard NA will have a specialist creative function within its structure. Professionalism, maturity, experience and diplomacy skills are necessary to understand and align with the extended organization is an imperative.
In general, the Creative Content function now has much more responsibility, as the position now bridges two critical competencies, in order to improve integration - Communications and Digital Content.
Beyond integration specifically, the secondary purpose of this role is to increase the creative height across its key consumer connections, and by doing so, maximize the impact the brand will have with consumers in NA. With this desired effect, it will also bring visibility and celebration by winning awards in the creative industry - like it had 30 years ago.
The third is to work closely with the Head of Brand Creative- NA in supporting the Global Team in Stockholm gather the right consumer insights and communications planning processes for the NA Market. This is done to ensure that the global team is considerate of the local market dynamics when driving Global Brand and Product storytelling. This will allow the NA team to focus mainly on the amplification of the assets created by the global team.
If there are unique opportunities, agreed to and aligned at the Global level, the NA Market team can move forward with origination (concept through execution). Importantly, there will likely be opportunities for the Creative Content Director Absolut to drive Global initiatives - this will be based on workload, interest, competencies, resource.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Bring to life the Global Brand Strategy in NA
- Ensure consumer trends and insights for NA are captured by the Global Team in Stockholm.
- Work closely with NA market & line manager to develop the following
- Communications Planning for NA
- Content Strategy for NA
- Creative Concept for NA
- Creative Executions - including image assets for Channel for NA
- Drive creative and strategic Leadership - from vision to creative partners - across the NA organization, and support them in the following:
- FY Brand Plan and Strategy,
- FY Budgeting and Resource,
- Provide Pernod Ricard NA with visibility on Global Communications Strategies, Concepts, Executions,
- Lead amplification of Absolut Global assets in NA
- Drive from concept to execution for NA lead creative campaigns,
- Define with the Business Acceleration team in Stockholm unique Brand and Commercial opportunities, when and if necessary.
- Work with line manager, to include Market Scopes of Work within the Global agency retainers. Participate in the following discussions:
- Annual Fee negotiation (new scope including Market needs),
- Ongoing project management, including budget tracking,
- End of year performance assessment.
- Work with the Global In-House Studio Manager to define a scope of work, if needed:
- From ATL to BTL, ensure visibility on the FY initiatives that will allow us to act nimbly and effectively for the appropriate projects for the Market.
- Support Pernod Ricard NA on content within and beyond the brand campaign, when and if necessary.
- Ensure internal visibility of the creative content within Pernod Ricard - from myPortal, to leadership support of key initiatives.
Academic (Qualifications) & Professional experience required:
- University degree in business/marketing.
- Minimum 12 years marketing experience within globally managed business - from major FMCG companies, spirits, car industry, luxury goods or leading global brands such as Nike, Apple, Google.
- Digital or Advertising agency experience is mandatory, as an Account leader.
- International experience highly desirable.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Writing Creative Briefs
- Creative Production (Traditional and Digital)
- Digital Media Proficiency
- Comprehension of youth culture, including an understanding of tribes - from Street to Music, etc. - and the aesthetics popular with these subcultures
- Agency/Partner Management
- Business Intelligence
- Project Management
- Understanding of Events/Experiences
Leadership Attributes & Competencies
- Strategic Mindset
- Tech Savvy
- Customer Focus
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top