- Napa, CA
MUMM NAPA is seeking enthusiastic, goal-oriented individuals to join our Visitor Center Sales/ Hospitality Team. Currently, we have an opening for a Full Time Retail/Sales Representative; weekends are required.
This position is designed to provide guests to Mumm Napa with an outstanding and unique winery experience. Our retail/sales representative's work with a team of skilled professionals to ensure guests receive the best impression of Mumm Napa, with a focus at all times on customer service and sales. Interactions with guests must be carried out professionally, and in a manner consistent with the philosophies and image of Mumm Napa. Retail/Sales representatives will have strong knowledge and passion for wine and exhibit enthusiasm in sharing this information with our guests.
POSITION SUMMARY: Cashier operates POS, promotes the sale of wine, wine clubs and merchandise in the Visitor Center Wine Shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guests with an outstanding and unique experience
- Offer a friendly and sincere greeting
- Process routine retail transactions, including operating cash registers/accounting for daily sales consistently and accurately, balancing cash drawers and assembling bank deposits, efficiently and accurately
- Be knowledgeable about Mumm Napa's history and wines
- Anticipate guest's needs
- Develop ongoing relationships with guests to stimulate repeat visits and future sales
- Promote and sell Club Vivant memberships, wine products and merchandise
- Accurately package wines for guests
- Participate in opening and closing duties and maintain a clean work space
- Create and restock merchandise and wine displays
- Answer phones professionally and understand where to direct incoming calls
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Stay current on recent wine reviews, industry issues
- Learn about other wineries and their wines; use that information to recommend other wineries with great tasting experiences for our guests
- Assist Supervisors in providing a safe and secure environment
- Warm, welcoming and gracious character
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Experience in a fast paced, high-end retail environment
- Flexible schedule including weekends, some holidays and evenings, as necessary
- Clean and professional appearance
- Intermediate computer skills; experience with point of sale systems (POS), databases or customer relationship management (CRM) systemsAbility to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs.) on a repeated basis.
- Ability to perform physically repetitive tasks.
- Ability to sell
- Knowledge of wine & wine production
- Foreign language skills are a plus
- Knowledge of local Napa Valley attractions, wineries, restaurants, hotels, etc.
We provide competitive wages and incentive programs. EEO/M/F/D/V
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top