- New York, NY
Job Title: Brand Director, Absolut Vodka
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing
Location: New York, NY
A high-profile, strategic Brand Management role within one of Pernod Ricard's top priority brands, the Brand Director for Absolut will be responsible for leading strategic and tactical brand development/implementation against the Absolut portfolio. As Brand Director, the individual in this role would act as the day-to-day owner-operator of the Absolut brand in the US.
This exciting role requires a dynamic and experienced Brand Director who has a strong marketing, analytical and new product/innovation background and can balance thinking strategically with the key execution priorities on the business. The Director will lead a team of 4 brand managers across levels. He/she must have the ability to develop and coach and develop junior staff.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Strategic Planning: Own and deliver the annual operating plan. Lead the development of breakthrough consumer and customer programs, which will include an arsenal of assets and trade facing programs.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Develop, deliver, and iterate plans continuously with a resourceful, obsessive, and fearless mindset.
- Agile: Results-orientation and ability to operate with agility to run with test and learn approach.
- Innovation: Lead innovation development in conjunction with brand company.
- Collaboration & Integration: Lead a cross functional and agency working team, which includes but is not limited to the global brand companies, agencies, field marketing, sales, consumer insights, consumer engagement and other business departments fostering and building a strong multi-functional team. Collaboration, alignment, and influence with multiple stakeholders is a key to success.
- Competitive Analysis and Implications: Assist with the development of the Strategic Brand Review by analyzing category opportunities, identifying key consumer targets, innovation opportunities, and activation strategies.
- Training and People Development: Leverage the capabilities of a larger team (immediate brand team, cross functional teams, and agencies)
Nature & Scope: Position typically works with members of the central marketing department, divisional marketing, sales management, agency personnel, as well as various vendor and provider representatives.
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor's degree - preferably in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing; Master's in business or marketing preferred. Proficiency in MS-Office.
- Experience / Background: Between 10-12 years business/marketing exp, with 8+ years of brand management experience preferably with consumer goods company working on culturally iconic brands. Must have managed a team. A familiarity and an appreciation for the commercial aspects of the business is required. Beverage Alcohol industry experience a plus.
- Required Skills/Competencies: Solid experience in strategy/brand development, including brand positioning and brand building activities. Strong leadership/management skills. Strong financial / business acumen. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as outstanding aptitude for time management. Thoroughness, creativity, interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills as well as proficiencies in problem solving, and the ability to multitask are requirements. People skills are a must.
Travel Requirements: Approximately 25% travel to field locations and/or activations, experiential events, inclusive of global travel, etc.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Back to top