Brand Activation Manager, Absolut, Malibu, & Kahlua
- New York, NY
Position Title: Brand Activation Manager
Position Location: Remote
An opportunity to work on an outstanding portfolio of brands which contribute significantly to the over all volume and profitability of Pernod Ricard USA. Portfolio includes: Absolut Vodka, Malibu Rum, and Kahlua Coffee Liqueur. All three brands have a strong innovation strategy and a trade advocacy force of 130+ individuals; this represents an opportunity to build and execute programming with a high level of impact and reach.
The Brand Activation Manager will play a critical role on the headquarters marketing team as the bridge between strategic planning and in market execution. As a key representative of all 4 brands, this individual must be highly skilled communicator with the business acumen to collaborate with and influence various cross functional stakeholders (i.e. PRUSA Sales, Field Activation, Chains Division, Brand Marketing, Finance, upper level Sales and Marketing management, Operations and Support Agencies).
The Brand Activation Manager Spirits Marketing is responsible for the delivery in market of "Below the Line" strategies & programs, in line with each brand's strategy and is responsible for assisting the field to ensure these programs are tailored to channels and markets' needs.
He/She is also in charge of leading communication to the Chain group and supporting the Chain team.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Provide support and guidance to the Sales teams for the localization & market-level execution of brand plans through a regular communication flow. Ensure activation playbooks, priority calendars and selling tools are catered to relevant channels & subchannels allowing for effective localization.
- Ensure upfront alignment with Sales teams, by integrating their feedback and needs early in the process, through regular communication and also direct in Market field observation.
- Manage a portion of the priority market A&P budgets across the portfolio in partnership with the Market Activation Managers and Directors. Ensure that A&P is optimized in each market to deliver against the annual plan objectives.
- Analyze performance of each program and derive learnings from it, in collaboration with Brand Marketing and Sales teams.
- Define role, objectives, KPIs and priorities for sampling agency. Monitor their activity and provide them with regular support and information on each brand's priorities throughout the year.
- Analyze competitors' activations, in collaboration with Sales teams across different Markets.
- The role requires a deep understanding of the U.S. On-Premise & Off-Premise universe and dynamics, as well as wide knowledge of Adult Beverage brand activations in that channel. It also expects strong relationships, communication and influence with internal stakeholders, namely Brand Marketing teams, Division/Chains/Field Marketing & Sales teams, Digital and Prestige teams, as well as with external agencies. Individual should have a working knowledge of digital marketing (Social, Ecomm, etc).
This position may travel up to 30% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 4-5 years' experience, minimum 2 years U.S. Adult Beverage experience. Trade Marketing, Marketing or Sales experience required. Strong presentation / communication skills.
- Experience in developing brand activations.
- Experience in managing agencies.
- Experience in managing Experiential Agencies.
- Experience in Adult beverage sales.
- Experience in project management and ability to work within a cross-functional team of diverse stakeholders.
- Event and/or experiential marketing a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; particularly skillful in Excel & PowerPoint
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us athttp://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Back to top