Associate Marketing Manager, Direct-to-Consumer
- Napa, CA
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Supports the Senior Marketing Manager on the development and execution of direct-to-consumer initiatives and projects.
- Executes email marketing campaigns with accuracy. This includes briefing the creative agency or consultant for design development, proofing emails, obtaining internal approvals, recommending A/B testing and segmentation.
- Updates the website (wine store, tasting notes, products, events, winery announcements, etc.).
- Manages content calendar with annual view and three-month lead time with detailed programming.
- Coordinates feedback on collateral, campaigns, etc. from multiple internal stakeholders, organizes comments and delivers clear and accurate direction back to the agency. Ensures these content details, design and print-ready materials are accurate and approved by legal for production.
- Analyses data and results of monthly on marketing campaign results. Provides insight to response and builds on insights for future programming. Documents programs, tests, and results. Presents campaign insights to Sr Manager.
- Meets regularly with department Managers for buy-in on all consumer facing collateral such as signage, brochures, newsletters, and any supporting sales tools.
- Assists Brand teams on programs and projects such as, but not limited to, label development, coordination of off-site tastings, photoshoots.
- Liaison and day-to-day point of contact with agency partners.
- Attends press checks and manages print production.
- Keeps winery advertisement subscriptions up to date and accurate.
- Helps the winery source uniforms, harvest t-shirts, and various branded merchandising items either for employees or for sale to consumers in the Mumm Napa retail shop.
- Ensures legal and compliance requirements for marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Adheres to brand and consumer direct budgets and tracks spend.
Creates and processes POs, and APO program codes for invoice payment.
Marketing Program Planning
- Works on maintaining accuracy of the Consumer Direct Marketing calendar.
Liaises with brand director and trade relations manager to staff various offsite pouring events.
Nature & Scope:
- Reports to Senior Marketing Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in associated field, or equivalent experience.
Experience / Background:
- 3+ years' experience working in a role that demonstrates marketing acumen, e-commerce/direct/digital understanding. Proficiency of e-mail campaign development, website mechanics and e-commerce. Modifying HTML code, using photoshop and navigating Salesforce Cloud Marketing is an essential part of the role.
- Understanding of wine varietals, regions and the winemaking techniques, including sparkling wine production.
- Basic understanding of direct-to-consumer wine business and metrics.
• Program and project management: highly organized with the ability to take multiple projects from concept through execution, accompanied by the ability to prioritize projects.
• Comfort with data and excellent analytical skills: retrieve data and turn it into an insightful story. Ability to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth.
• Digital toolkit: savvy in email marketing platforms, have experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud; understand tag management, retargeting strategies, media buys; have used CMS tools to manage website content and e-commerce platforms.
• Excellent email skills: the ability to run and iterate on highly effective automated email marketing campaigns. Basic HTML a plus.
• Creative: extremely creative, inspire idea generation and can execute on these ideas.
• Communication skills: strong at articulating the essence of our brands and the value they create. You can create meaningful messaging and create content. Not afraid to be a copywriter from time-to-time.
• Convivial: A great collaborator and create strong cross-functional teams to garner support for important initiatives.
• Passionate: A true passion for wine and marketing.
• Flexibility: Willingness to work at the Mumm Napa and Kenwood Vineyards sites.
- Physical Environment: Check which physical environment description is most accurate for this job.
- General Office: Work is performed in a typical office environment. Limited demands for movement and lifting. Normal visual, hearing and language acuity required for correspondence and computer usage.
- Field Environment: Work is performed in a typical field environment with moderate demands for movement and lifting. Normal visual, hearing and language acuity required for correspondence and computer usage. Occasional travel by land and/or air in diverse weather conditions is required.
- Physical/Skilled Labor: Work is performed in a general production area and/or office environment with regular demands for moving, lifting/carrying/lowering up to 50 pounds, standing, walking, climbing, and pushing. Normal visual, hearing and language acuity required for correspondence and computer usage.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top