Assistant Visitor Center Manager, Hospitality & Sales
- Napa, CA
Visitor Center Management:
- In conjunction with the Manager, lead and direct the activities of the Visitor Center team to achieve Hospitality/Direct Business priorities: brand experience, consumer acquisition, club conversion, profit generation, and customer satisfaction.
- In conjunction with the Manager and Marketing Team, plan for, launch and assess new consumer experiences and update current experiences
- Manage daily business functions, including efficient scheduling, floor management, opening and closing procedures for each business day.
- Manage the supervisors and ensure they are accountable on delivering on their collective and individual responsibilities.
- Direct the concierge team and execute the reservations strategy to ensure maximized seating and efficient consumer experience.
- First point of contact to troubleshoot reservation system issues when required; support an efficient flow of visitor traffic to experience areas by managing server sections, table assignments, reservation strategy & inventory, floor management settings, etc
- Track and evaluate staffing needs, labor hours and efficiencies as it pertains to scheduling for the Visitor Center.
- Respond to customer requests, suggestions, or complaints.
- Oversee all experiences, ensuring we are delivering the highest level of service and experiences for the VC tasting room, Oak Terrace, and Vineyard Green, to consumers and trade visitors alike.
- Ensure VC staff are trained on the Mumm Napa brand pillars and advance their wine knowledge in order to provide consumers with a consistent, memorable and rich wine education experience.
- Evaluate Visitor Center sales performance to goal, including tracking and analysis of variance and projecting forecasts.
- Establish an atmosphere of teamwork and positive employee relations
- Contribute to the idea generation of profit generation and growth for Mumm Napa direct-to-consumer business.
- Address and appraise performance, identifying development opportunities.
- Leads team to meet or exceed sales goals based on annual budget, communicating daily sales goals and results.
- Communicate with staff, providing ongoing feedback to ensure they operate according to standards for professionalism, customer service, sales expectations and that company policies and procedures are followed
- Participate/and lead in activities that foster a cohesive and productive team environment.
- Responsible for the staffing and development of direct reports
- Process annual evaluations
- Develop ongoing incentive programs for direct sales team
- Develop and participate in ongoing training
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years Tasting Room Management experience, including inventory and people-management, required, preferably at a high-volume tasting room
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience required
- Excellent sales acumen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task
- Basic to advanced knowledge of wine, including knowledge of viticulture and winemaking
- Budgeting and sales forecasting/analysis experience
- Proficient in MS Office programs, including excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively train and manage staff
- Weekends and holidays are required.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Back to top