VP of Marketing
As an integral leader across all PerkinElmer Discovery & Analytical Solutions (DAS) Business Units, the VP of Marketing for DAS will lead a global team to develop and execute an aggressive marketing plan that integrates marketing programs, robust lead generation strategies, and leverages and focuses on building a strong digital program. This seasoned professional will have responsibility for global strategic planning and creative execution of marketing communication programs, lead generation, regional field marketing events, digital and social media strategy and marketing analytics.
The VP of Marketing works closely with DAS Business Unit leaders on segment strategy and product positioning providing market competitive analysis and market penetration plans.
- Lead and develop a strong global marketing team to create branding, message and platforms for a key business units, including new product launches and strong ongoing sales and marketing support
- Partner closely with sales, product management, and R&D to create a strong and collaborative partnership that will ensure success in platform roadmap, competitive positioning, market awareness and sales execution
- Create and execute programs that drive adoption of products and active customer engagement utilizing a full range of on line and multi-media services (podcasts, video, interactive presentations, webinars, social media, PR, outside experts, etc.)
- Provide global leadership for demand generation across the portfolio; generate sufficient leads to maintain appropriate sales pipeline ratios; implement continuous improvements in demand generation process
- Drive the creation and execution of annual communications plan, regional demand generation plan, including integrated marketing programs/initiatives, associated budget, and achievement of performance metrics
- Own the business unit's marketing communications strategy including branding, public relations, advertising, white papers, trade shows, seminars and events collateral materials, analyst and market research management, and website design and content either directly or on an outsourced basis
- Partner with Product Line and Sales Leaders for market and customer research on product requirements and work with various parts of DAS organization for product development, product pricing and product lifecycle management
- Implement marketing organization methodologies and process for reporting and capturing metrics to measure and improve program effectiveness and will implement best practices and processes to improve and streamline integrated marketing activities
Job Requirements :
- 15+ years of experience in marketing communications, business management and strategic marketing. B to B and industry related experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field of study. Advanced degree desired.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead global marketing teams attracting and retaining top talent.
- Exemplary record of developing and implementing marketing and lead generation strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Experience partnering with product management and R&D teams in order to drive successful product introductions.
- Track record of success in Fortune 500 environments delivering both vision and hands-on contribution at a tactical and customer level
- Effectively engage, motivate and lead change
- Lead and effectively work cross-functionally across all levels
- Experience with consumer products/services/ecommerce a plus
- Experience with digital market/lead generation techniques including email, social media, chat, SEM/SEO and blogs.
- Strong experience in leading strategic and tactical planning, including long range strategy formulation, competitive and customer analysis, program development, budget formulation and management
- Ability to travel up to 25% both domestically and internationally
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top