Vice President/General Manager Sales & Service, Americas
Achieve North and South America sales and service Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets for all product lines in Discovery and Analytical Solutions (DAS). Owns P&L responsibility for the region. Responsible for all aspects of Leading the region to sustained success with engaged employees and satisfied customers.
- Owns Americas Sales & Service AOP for all product lines in DAS
- Owns Americas Sales & Service Expense AOP (OPEX budget) for DAS
- Is responsible for developing and maintaining a Region Business Plan that ties all activities together for running an effective Regional sales & service organization covering all available sales and service channels
- Understands and articulates market trends and competition and how this relates to PKI's market and competitive position; always able to effectively communicate PKI company directions and competitive benefits whilst recommending appropriate strategies and tactics internally to pre-empt or respond
- Implements account penetration and counteractive plans to competitive actions
- Actively contributes and develops the go-to-market strategy and field marketing strategy to ensure the lowest cost, highest return sales channels throughout the Americas
- Actively contributes to the Strategic Goal Setting(SGS) process
- Is responsible for accurate forecasting of both orders and sales on all product lines
- Is responsible for the Territorial strategy and proper execution of the Incentive Compensation Plans to drive desired behaviors in the sales & service organization
- Responsible for all aspects of talent acquisition, performance management systems, and strategic initiatives supported by Human Resources
- Constantly upgrades sales talent by coaching on critical skills and competencies necessary to provide best-in-class sales and service performance
- Recommends pricing and promotions and drives achievement of discount targets, with the goal of driving and preserving margin expansion
- Drives efficient business process within the Territory including monthly and quarterly country and territory level reviews (MOR and QOR) that result in an action plan to achieve business targets
- Effectively manages and leverages a matrix management structure to ensure best in class processes, relationships and communication with Global Business Units and enabling functions (such as, Customer Care, Finance, HR, IT etc.)
- Drives customer satisfaction working cross-functionally in the organization
- Generates and protects a strong customer referral base to effectively drive market penetration
- Actively communicates vision, strategy, goals, achievement, accomplishments and direction to the organization.
Job Requirements :
- High integrity and ethics
- Leadership, coaching and team building skills with a "can-do" attitude
- Energetic, results-driven with excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and working to stretch goals
- Ability to perform in a complex matrix organizational structure, and being able to effectively influence across functional and regional boundaries
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team with an aptitude and desire to manage a sales performance culture
- Ability to articulate and defend strategic insights and solutions to the Senior Executive Team
- Ability to define and promote added value solutions for customers at all hierarchical levels
- Capability and skills to identify and retain top talent
- Willing to travel across the Americas (~70% of time)
Education and experience:
- Proven track record in the Life Sciences industry; preferably with an advanced Degree in Business and/or Bio-Chemistry, Biology, Chemistry or other Life Sciences-related disciplines
- 15+ years of senior/executive level sales and marketing experience
- In-depth knowledge of the Life Sciences market, accounts and business practices in the Americas
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top