Technical Sales Representative
PerkinElmer is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative. Our innovative detection, imaging, informatics, and service capabilities help customers and consumers transform data into informed decisions that accelerate insights to better protect our environment, our food supply and the health of our families.
Responsible, as the primary sales professional, for PerkinElmer's Chromatography, Spectroscopy and Materials Charaterization instruments, accessories and associated consumables. Duties include presenting PerkinElmer capabilities in the marketplace, providing an interface to the end user customer, and representing PerkinElmer products and services in an assigned territory. The territory for this position is Alberta , British Columbia, Yukon and Saskatchewan. Key Responsibilities
Grow Sales Volume. Execute a sales plan that is part of the territory and company's strategic objectives. Account management of our current customer base, identification of new targeted accounts, and improvement of overall market share and profitability by utilizing resources effectively. Your responsibility is to develop a plan for each of the product lines which you sell in order to ensure that each line is fairly represented.
Develop and implement business plans. Maintain an effective time and territory management plan that includes an ability to present business and technical information, identify customer needs and trends, differentiate vs. competitive offerings, promote and position PerkinElmer support services to customers, provide information about techniques and products, follow up inquiries about goods and services, maintain customer information utilizing approved information tools and technologies such as the company's Customer Relationship Software (CRM), timely updates to opportunity funnel and weekly forecast updates, and rigorous funnel management in order to achieve/improve monthly forecasting accuracy and growth targets.
Teamwork. Work closely with regional extended sales team, service team, product specialists, and business units in order to promote a high level of customer service. Provide local support for planned customer events throughout the year.
Job Requirements :
- Undergraduate degree in Chemistry or related field.
- A minimum of three years direct sales experience selling analytical instrumention.
- Thorough understanding of business factors effecting account's profitability and competitive status as well as laboratory operations.
- Experience with analytical laboratory software and instruments is desirable.
- Experience working in the environmental, food, and/or other related materials characterization or chromatography or spectroscopy markets is also preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Sales Force.Com
- Highly effective time management skills
- Commitment to customer excellence with demonstrated ethics and integrity
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel
- The successful applicant will be required to reside in the designated sales area or be willing to relocate to that area.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top