Support Specialist (LC/MS/MS) – DACH & CEE (m/f)
The Support Specialist (LC/MS/MS) will support and promote the Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) Instruments (QSight Pesticide Analyser, QSight Triple Quad LC/MS/MS, and Liquid Chromatography).
Most customers will be in Germany, but the territory includes the rest of the DACH and the CEE region as well. The demonstration laboratory is based in Rodgau.
Candidates should be locates close to Frankfurt or near to an international airport.
We would welcome applications from individuals with a commercial background in this instrumentation, but will also consider applicants from the laboratory looking for a career change. Full training will be given.
- Provide high level information and consultancy about techniques and products
- Assist Sales team in assessing customer needs, differentiating from competition PKI's value proposition, handling customer objections and helping to close when necessary
- Plan and provide timely high level demos & sample analysis in agreement with Sales Team Leader and Account Managers
- Build and maintain strong relationship with the customers
- Participate in tradeshows and exhibitions
- Proactively provide competitive intelligence and market analysis
- Propose new or improved application development areas
- Ability to define and promote added value solutions for customer.
- Help manage assigned geographic territory with regard to sales activities, including:
- Assist generating product interest and lead generation
- Perform sales lead qualification visits
- Post presentation follow up
- Work within the structure of the sales and service team
Job Requirements :
- Master or PhD degree in the field of chemistry, life sciences or other subject with exposure to LC/MS/MS.
- Minimum 3 years profound experience in the LC/MS/MS market or laboratories.
- Effective knowledge of products, services and Company selling tools as well as PKI's competitors' products. Customer market knowledge is critical.
- Energetic, results-driven with excellent organizational and prioritization skills as well as time management
- Ability to think strategically, articulate a shared vision and defend strategic insights
- Fluent English required. Any other additional European an advantage - in particular German
- This position is field based but should be near to an international airport. Main customers are based in Germany but the Support Specialist will spend significant time at the Rodgau demonstration laboratory.
- Willingness to travel in Germany, – an average of 2-3 nights per week away from home / 60-70% travel.
% of Travel Required : 60-70%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top