Supervisor, Software Development
- BS/MS degree in computer science, software engineering, or other related
- 5+ years of experience in C# and web development
- 2+ years of experience in leading a software development team
- Solid understanding of the full software development life-cycle
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (e.g. XP, Scrum)
- Good understanding of modern web technologies
- Excellent communication skills in both Chinese and English
Special Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong analytical, conceptual and technical skills with ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Good understanding of the concept of continuous integration/delivery
- Strong understanding of cloud-based, multi-tenant solutions using Amazon Web Services
- Experience in using Docker and developing micro-services
- Good sense of user interface and user experience design
- Skilled in at least one web front-end framework, e.g. AngularJS, React
- Experience with visual analytics tools an asset, e.g. Tableau or TIBCO Spotfire
- Experience in developing Spotfire extensions is an advantage
- Understanding of Big Data technologies a plus, e.g. Hadoop, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Good understanding of the drug development and clinical trial process is an advantage
- Comfortable working within an international team.
- Must be a good team player that's willing to share and collaborate with rest of team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product
- A strong sense of urgency – we are looking for people who are smart and get things done
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership pertaining to new ways of leveraging information to improve team processes
- Maintain the culture of high quality, continuous learning, continuous improvement
- Play the SCRUM master role as appropriate
- Effectively communicate status, metrics, and issues on a regular basis
- Team development, including recruiting, coaching, mentoring and professional development of team members
- Individuals' objective setting and regular review
- General line management duties such as holiday and expense approvals
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top