Sr. Software Engineer – Chemistry
ChemDraw has been the world's leading chemical drawing package for 30 years. Our team is working on making sure it remains that way by addressing how the new emerging technologies in the information science world will impact the current offerings. We are moving towards "ChemDraw Everywhere" and want to make it available for every platform and device. We also want to maintain the other software applications in our suite (Chem3D, ChemFinder, etc.) The successful candidate will be part of a development team chartered with making "ChemDraw Everywhere" a reality, working in close conjunction with other development teams and domain experts across the globe which have integrated ChemDraw into their applications.
- Ensure process compliance & assist in driving improvements, as needed
- Maintain a culture of delivering high code quality
- Design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements
- Work as a member of the scrum team planning, estimating, and verifying user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Effectively communicate status, metrics, and issues on a regular basis.
Job Requirements :
- BS/MS/PhD in Chemistry with strong software programming skills.
- Expert in C/C++, C#, .NET (with a proven track record in software development)
- Knowledge of Cocoa, XCode on Mac OS X Platform
- Strong algorithmic problem solving skills
- Proficiency and understanding of OOD principles and database concepts
- Understanding of system architecture design and its impact on performance and scalability.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Experience with Chemical drawing/molecular modeling software in the real working environment. Prior experience with ChemDraw or any industrial level Chemical graphical drawing software a big plus.
- Understand Cheminformatics and its uses in drug discovery.
- Thinking as a Chemist when designing and developing the software.
Other Key Competencies
- Comfortable working within an international team.
- Must be a good team player that's willing to share and collaborate with rest of team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product
- A strong sense of urgency – we are looking for people who are smart and get things done
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top