Sr. Manager of Operations, Informatics
Reporting to the VP/GM of PKI Informatics, the Sr. Manager of Informatics Operations will be a single point of contact for the appropriate Informatics business functions as is relates to systems, fulfillment and operational effectiveness. Effective partnership and teamwork with business partners and all other PerkinElmer IT, Finance, R&D, sales, and service teams is a key success factor. The candidate must be creative and technologically sound. The right candidate will possess a mix of strong project management, customer relationship manger, and technical skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and sustain effective trusted partnerships with Informatics business stakeholders as well as PerkinElmer IT, R&D, and sales leaders in order to provide relevant insights about leveraging technology for business effectiveness.
- Drive initiatives and develop roadmaps to deliver process improvements and/or increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide operational oversight, risk management, and continuous process improvement of business systems and products
- Work with Infrastructure management, vendor management and other enterprise systems stakeholders to develop and manage the Informatics technology life cycle including procurement, adoption, selection, standardization, and retirement.
- Lead the INF Order Management and Customer Fulfillment teams
- Negotiate with software provider vendors.
- Collaborating effectively and leveraging resources from within the PerkinElmer organization for application support and technology operations support.
- Providing resource management to major initiatives by forecasting resource demands with functional areas.
Job Requirements :
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; experience working within an operations function such as Finance, IT, procurement, or other business unit preferred
- 10 + years of experience in the technology profession
- 8+ years program and project management experience, including management, staffing / hiring and resource management
- BS Degree required
- Experience with multiple, diverse cloud technologies and processing environments (SalesForce, Netsuite and Flexera)
- Experience with managing IT/business relationships and interacting with senior business executives
- Background in high tech or software industry is required
- Proven track record to translate business requirements into solutions that map to technology capabilities
- Ability to provide cross-company leadership to ensure project objectives and deadlines are met
- Understanding of how application development and business organizations use infrastructure
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top