Sr. DevOps Engineer
Role Purpose: The Senior DevOps Engineer plays a key role in leading the transformation to DevOps and Continuous Delivery across the Clinical department. This position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles, such as systems configuration management, and systems related software development. We are specifically seeking individuals with a passion for excellence in execution and engineering capability and are constantly striving to stay current with the latest technologies. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently, work well with development team members, and Cloud Operations.
Special Skills & Knowledge:
- Exposure to Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Yarn, Cassandra) a plus
- Experience with HortonWorks and Mesosphere a plus
- Work directly with development team to build cloud based clinical products
- Design, implement and maintain all infrastructure in the development stages of new products
- Create process to perform continuous deployment, including full orchestration of deployment process.
- Build and support system automation, deployment, and continuous integration tools.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment using Scrum\Kanban
- Work closely with the Cloud Operation teams to help move products from development into production.
- Help to design and support internal development environments inside both AWS and VMware.
- Help maintain a culture of high quality
Operational: This role will be responsible for enhancing the capabilities and competitiveness of the existing product line. He or she will ensure PerkinElmer Informatics products lead the industry with innovation, market-leading feature sets, and high quality.
Job Requirements :
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working in cloud using AWS and Azure
- 5+ years working in Linux environments (CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu preferred)
- 3+ years scripting languages with at least one of the following: Bash, Python, Perl
- 3+ years experience with NoSQL technologies such as Memcache, MongoDB, Redis
- Expert knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) tools such as Jenkins and Artifactory
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as New Relic and SumoLogic
- Experience working with Container infrastructure such as Docker
- Experience with Chef or Salt required
- Experience deploying databases such as MySQL, Postgress, Oracle
- Knowledge of Cloud best practices, operations and security
- Excellent communication and written skills
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top