Sourcing Summer Intern
Summary: Coordinates activities involved with purchasing and planning of goods, services and commodities of strategic importance to the Perkin Elmer Life Sciences & Technology (LST) instrumentation product lines working with a global supplier base. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confers with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedules.
- Runs and sends suppliers Open Order, Past Due Orders, Supplier Requirements and Kanban reports as required.
- Reschedules purchase orders in the ERP system in a timely manner.
- Interfaces directly with staff and suppliers to resolve order status, discrepancies, past due items and schedule/date changes.
- Develop and refine materials shortage notification and fulfillment processes.
- Runs, compiles and distributes reports and databases related to inventory, open Purchase Orders, bookings, backlog, shipments and suppliers.
- Develop and administrate reports and databases to support multiple business functions as required.
Job Requirements :
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and purchase specifications. Ability to effectively present information, and respond to inquiries from management, suppliers, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization may exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Highly effective time management skills
- Commitment to customer excellence with demonstrated ethics and integrity
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top