Summary: The Software Engineer is a member providing contributions to the design, development, and test suite for software products for biomarker discovery and analysis based on PerkinElmer's Phenoptics platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in overall design and development of the Quantitative Pathology software.
- Works with senior team members on the design and development of small and medium features within products.
- Creates and maintains the automated builds, automated test runs, and commercial installers.
- Follows the software design process with minimal supervision.
- Capable of solving technical problems with assistance from senior team members.
- Works with some supervision; uses some creativity and latitude to solve problems.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- 2-5+ years of experience in software development
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiar with software architecture, development, and test production
- Familiar with C#, C++, .NET, NUnit, Visual Studio, NAnt, Mercurial, Trac, and other relevant development tools
- Familiar with Advanced Installer, Jenkins, and other relevant automation tools.
- Familiar with Agile and TDD development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team-building and interpersonal skills
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top