Site Lab Equipment Technician
Position Title: Site Lab Equipment Technician
Location: West Greenwich, RI
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
Helps PerkinElmer customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drives high levels of customer satisfaction by providing expert service and support to customers within an assigned geographic area. . Represents the face of PerkinElmer to the customer and drives repeat purchases and long term satisfaction by best-in-class responsiveness and professionalism in all customer interactions.
The Lab Equipment Technician will perform a wide variety of duties related to the installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of laboratory equipment with minimal supervision.
- Assists in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of lab equipment and instrumentation in accordance with established SOP's.
- Schedule and supervise outside vendors that maintain equipment under contract.
- Effectively communicate with the equipment end users on maintenance tasks and requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic operation of appropriate tools and equipment such as Multi-Meters.
- Completes work orders, logs and paperwork associated with their tasks in a reliable, consistent manner.
- Performs other duties as required such as; changing gas cylinders, changing/moving freezers, moving lab equipment.
- Demonstrates high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to respond to emergency calls and building alarms.
TECHNICAL AND COMMUNICATIVE SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently in performing routine maintenance tasks.
- Exercises independent judgment to optimize some commonplace mechanical procedures.
- Has computer experience with using outlook and CMMS software for tracking work orders and equipment history.
- Ability to explain maintenance logs clearly and explicitly, both verbally and written
- Proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
Drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts. Encourage customers to purchase training, support, software, laboratory services products and field installed computer hardware upgrades. Assist and support local sales representative secure new instrument orders. Contribute to account profitability through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables. Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
Maintain up to date electronic and repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job. Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system. Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc. Manage inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
Continuous Skill Development
Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer's value proposition to the customer. Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 3 – 6 years of relevant work experience, preferably biotech/pharmaceutical related.
- Experience working with Excel and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with a customer satisfaction focus
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer's site safety code
- Additional requirements include the ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions. Additionally the ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, and communicate clearly and effectively with customers, peers, managers and other technical support professionals are critical to successful performance in this role.
- Certification of company training on equipment in minimum of one major discipline (dependent upon client needs this may require – two major disciplines).
- Lab Environment (may need to follow Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Polices); Office Environment.
Physical and Special skills and Required Experience:
- The physical demands defined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will regularly require walking, standing, sitting and talking or hearing; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top